I want some new tunes!!

SpysR

I need to get started on a new collecion of DnB, I just a got a new computer so i am starting fresh. Any suggestions on what programs i should use, or what would be best to get good tracks?? Thnx. :D

chemical-records.co.uk or through ye olde dnbforum.com / redeye store too I believe
theres a great Mix section of DJ sets to download here as well, crazy to pass that one

sounds like your talking about file sharing though, and as much as I feel the general music industry can fuck itself I dont really approve of building a whole collection of dNb that way
:cat:

good luck

If you like dnb please try to buy some as sales are fucking terrible right now across the board.

I got nothing wrong with file sharing for information purposes ie to see how good a track is or to get something you can't get hold of otherwise but please try to spend the odd fiver to help out your favourite artists

ye i reckon about 80% of my vinyl collection is because i downloaded the mp3, realised how good it was and bought the track to spin! so file sharing is worth it for the industry simply because it gives people like me a flava... course if you ain't like me and just pike the music... pfft.. (n)

mesh said:
sounds like your talking about file sharing though, and as much as I feel the general music industry can fuck itself I dont really approve of building a whole collection of dNb that way
:cat:

good luck

If this guy doesn't dj and doesn't have any decks, he will have trouble playing most dnb. You still can't buy CD singles of dnb tunes, only on vinyl. Other than vinyl, MP3's seem the only way a non-DJ can have access to dnb, and the only way to get these is to file share.

Maybe its time to be putting dnb singles on CD if sales are to improve.

It is a tough one but if you hit up richer sounds or somewhere like that then you can get a record player to play your tracks on the cheap.

Obviously if you're totally skint then it's not happening but try to pay your respects when you feel an artist deserves it . Vinyl is always nice to have too

DjSkrapes DNBWW said:
If this guy doesn't dj and doesn't have any decks, he will have trouble playing most dnb. You still can't buy CD singles of dnb tunes, only on vinyl. Other than vinyl, MP3's seem the only way a non-DJ can have access to dnb, and the only way to get these is to file share.

I have been happily into dNb for 12 years and didnt start buying vinyl till 6 years ago, so I have very little regard for that logic. I still built a collection of CDs, tapes, radio.

You can get heaps of CD mix or artist albums, and I have friends who are a living exmaple of this and are more hardcore trainspotters than most vinyl buyers

I do agree we could see more DNB singles in shops, but if you need to be spoonfed ... bah.

DjSkrapes DNBWW said:

That's what I do. I don't have decks or so and i'm not a dj. Ok some people will now try to kill me or hate me. But hey decks are not cheap and i'm not rich.

people makin tunes arent rich either, thats a poor excuse. you can afford to run a PC no?

this scene was created by people with very little money in the first place

Im not dead against it, but building a collection off it? :-x

If you're into the more chill side of dnb, GoodLooking Records sells cds for $4 - $10 and lot of cd sets.

Otherwise, I mostly just listen to dnbradio & request the tunes i want. (Plus they have so many live shows a week, there is always somethin bumpin.)
Of course its nice to donate a few $ to dnbradio for their service. :lickface:

Twisted Murderer said:
But hey decks are not cheap and i'm not rich.

Heh I am currently saving for decks and a new mixer, not cheap at all....I have bought vinyl from store s and online, plus several off my friends,prices arent that bad. :banana:

As far as downloading music thats just what I do, its seems that I find more quality tracks when I am downloading and I can usually (note:usually) find what I want. :)

Ok you PPL in the UK or US can easily buy some 12" stuff. But i'm from Belgium and wa don't have so much record stores. Ok I know one for sure they got enough d'n'b. But I want decks or so but first I must get a job.

Back
Top Bottom