I wanna DJ

rmt

Member
Messages
337
aite,
I wanna do some dj'in but I got barely any money, like nil.
what software do ya think I should use?
I got a fuckoff nice keyboard aswell...so that could come in handy.
anyway, got any tips?

laterz

(yeah, this is Richard off xnet..) ;)
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,698
richard said:
aite,
I wanna do some dj'in but I got barely any money, like nil.
what software do ya think I should use?
I got a fuckoff nice keyboard aswell...so that could come in handy.
anyway, got any tips?

laterz

(yeah, this is Richard off xnet..) ;)
An MP3 mixin' unit? Maybe. Traktor or summat.
 

rmt

Member
Messages
337
heh, cheers mate, if I wanted to get some decks, what are the..*cheapest* you can think of?
 

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,976
richard said:
heh, cheers mate, if I wanted to get some decks, what are the..*cheapest* you can think of?
Dunno bout the cheapest, but the least I would suggest to anyone who wants get somewhere in the dj scene is 1210's.
 

dRiFT

Break Pirates
VIP Junglist
Messages
411
I thought it's compulsary to have Soundlab belt drives for your first decks? ;)
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,698
Gemini PT2000s for me! :D

But Techs are the way to go! :p
 

rmt

Member
Messages
337
uh, where can I get this stuff? it means like nothing to me, heh, I am TOTALLY new to the DJin stuff, I like DnB and I wanna make ma own music, but I dont play any Instruments, so I really need some help to get started heh :confused:
 

dRiFT

Break Pirates
VIP Junglist
Messages
411
Coz they aint very cheap, and secondly coz if their hardware delivery is as slow as their vinyl delivery you'll have gone off the whole idea by the time it all arrives!
 

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,976
richard said:
LOL. any other reason? ;P
Basically what dRiFT has said.
Whenever I've ordered they take weeks to ship, they is expensive and when I've cancelled orders they still send um.
 

rmt

Member
Messages
337
heh, ok

btw, I want to do some mixin, but I want to use Cd's? that is possible a presume...?
 

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,976
richard said:
heh, ok

btw, I want to do some mixin, but I want to use Cd's? that is possible a presume...?
yep course it is, I personally have no experience on mixin cds....I'm sure someone else does
 

dRiFT

Break Pirates
VIP Junglist
Messages
411
Yeah it's no more difficult(except when I mix Shake ur Body eh Stu? ;))...just different.

That mix still gives me nightmares now....
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,698
dRiFT said:
Yeah it's no more difficult(except when I mix Shake ur Body eh Stu? ;))...just different.

That mix still gives me nightmares now....
That mix was superb, HAHHA :D

I remember Numonik typing into the chat..

Nick's lookin pretty pissed off
..Or words to that effect.

A Kodak moment I'm sure!
 

dRiFT

Break Pirates
VIP Junglist
Messages
411
Yeah pretty funny in retrospect although at the time I was well annoyed with myself. Think that's probably the worst mix I've ever done!...and what a place to do it, heh.
 
Top