I took acid for the first time

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by kama, Jan 23, 2014.

1. kama

kama benkama.net

Just a few days ago. I turned 30 (yeah old geeza arent I) and a mate gave me some as a b-day present.

I feel like a new man! So much easier to understand other people and all that. Sort of, more open. Definately recommend to anyone who hasn't tried. Really opens your mind to new avenues of thought.

ThePapa likes this.
  2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

welcome :)

next stop: DMT

3. kama

kama benkama.net

Is that the stuff in psilocybe shrooms or whatchamacalldem?

4. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

nope, it's on a whole other level.

imagine that possitive change you experienced from doing acid...x10 and in about 10 minutes.

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

sa'll bout eating firestick cacti mate

6. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

7. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

my flat mate wants me to take DMT. well up for it.

8. dat_skunk

dat_skunk Active Member

Glad you had an enlightening trip! Do you guys get clean acid in the UK? most of the stuff you find here in the US is just research chemicals (with exceptions of course)

9. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

How do you know that those avenues are what the real you would want to explore? Now you're going down the wrong avenues that will lead to nowhere?

What if you are no longer even the real you???

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL KARMA YOU BIG FAT FAKE????????????

By new avenues, do you really mean you want to give it to men up their battyholes? Feeling a new man, understand people, more open etc.... Gay IMO.

EWOKS likes this.
  10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah well your first trip is usually a good one because you dont know what to expect and it really can be a wonderful drug when youre not afraid.
    i did my first trip when acid was mentioned in movies about the 60s and drug info was basically the chemical name for it, woodstock, and that you jump off a house thinking you can fly, it was 1995 or so, we shared a stamp with ganesha on it, and went down to see battle of the bands in the youth center, the girl i was shagging, who as it happened we also had bought the acid from, his band played and he was the lead singer, and they played well, and after their set, during the applause, he took her up on stage and hugged and kissed. whilst i was on acid. now, i know this might sound like it would trip me out, but really, its a quite fond memory for me, is how my brain filed that moment for some reason, and im sure i have the acid to thank for that, and then my mates played an acoustic set with kiss songs that i hyped up so much, they got standing ovations and did encores of black diamond, twice, just to belittle the previous bands performance and fuck with their singer. it was a week day, so i on my motorcross, drive over the mountain home, and nature was breath taking, a foggy moonlit late spring night, and then when i got home, the acid was absolutely RAGING in my system, so i sat down and watched "the saint", with roger moore, with my steph father, and went to bed. and during that episode of the saint, they really were quite long, like an hour, i was tripping balls dude, but i didnt realize it, as it was my first trip, so i couldnt identify the feeling, and figured i was just hyped on the feeling from the concert or something and really liked "the saint". and im not quite sure but i think there was a national math test the next day, which i either totally botched, or totally aced. its one of the other, cant be sure.

but for "heads", as regular acid users call regular acid users, in the 60s, according to keith richards autobiography (acid heads i think its short for, possibly trip heads), heads know acid is a cruel mistress, and its basically a 50/50 chance, if you get good gear, as in strong good acid, that you either have that mental purge, life altering experience that brings you closer to yourself, nature, people, and its after hitting it good a few times, you get these acid crazy people who will argue that its the only substance in the world that makes you "think like a free person" and bullshit like that, technically, acid induces a chemical state in your brain, (serotonin in the limbic system i think) very similar to certain stages in schizophrenia, ranging from manic autism to catatonia, and its not until you had your first bad trip, that you realize this can actually be a very very bad thing, and you should think both twice and thrice before messing with a drug like that. a bad trip is hell, and instead of mentally purged, you feel weak and drained and you promise god over and over never to do it again. and still, when someone suggests it, a few months later, "heads" will still give in, on a whim, or at least consider it, because it could be good, and 1 in 2 is not bad odds for drug users

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  11. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

I can't imagine what a bad acid trip is like because it's more than just a hallucinogenic, for me it really lifts my mood

12. logikz

its bad. really bad. its like a solid nightmare you can touch, its living hell, precisely that, living hell. its feeling so bad you are liable to do the most unthinkable things, and if you even have the slightest tendecy to internalize guilt and shame, thats your mental health going straigt to shit, and youre liable to do some serious self harm, its so desperately real and scary, its like the veil has come off, and you see yourself for the first time, without the shroud of all the things the ego does to self perception, which seems like your whole life has been one completely distracted mess because of it, for the psyche, its the scariest shit you can imagine, the hellish introspection, it is finding out everything you are is a lie, and a poor, piss stinking, degenerate lie at that, on the wrong way, always have been alyways will be, the total dispair, the fathomless misery, and acid has a quality to it that is both a weakness and a strength, which is that it lasts for fucking ever, its lonnnnnnnnnnnng, and the ramifications of a bad trip can be severe, to recover can take weeks, months even, and some of the impressions you get when on acid sticks with you forever, and that goes for both good and bad, so out of all the fire you can play with, that is one the experienced pyro speaks of with reverence.

some people say they never had a bad trip and regard it a bit like a myth, and to that i say that you simply havent done acid very much in that case.

13. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I did Acid (Penguins,Strawberrys,Purple Ohms,Bob Marleys) quite a lot in the mid to late 90's. Never had a bad one myself but have seen others have a bad time, it didn't look fun.

14. logikz

there are too many factors weighing in, like if you take a strong dose in your grandmothers study, that if you take a super strong dose at a festival in portugal, if you take a mild dose on the beach, your immediate company, the crowd, music can make all the difference, film too, fuck, i took a huge dose of hoffman and went to the premier of "battlefield earth" in copenhagen, that was not a good time, not. at. all. dont know if you seen that movie, but i, for one, will never. ever. forget it. it has been etched into my brain as the most vile thing ever commited to media, and also as the most vile experience in my life. getting fucked in the shed by my uncles steroid mad pitbull was more enjoyable and less harmful to my brain than that film, on a big screen. i was sat there, squirming, trying to ignore the enormous movie screen and surround sound, trying to find other things to look at than the screen in the room.

another example of a situation i shouldve just left, why the hell did i sit through that

Binary_UK likes this.
  15. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Yeah a friend of mine had a bad trip. We were at a friends house and he stayed in a spare room for the entire night. We checked in on him a few times to find he'd knocked over a lamp and had turned all the pictures around facing away from him as he didn't "trust them"

16. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

If i took acid again now i'd have a fucking nervous breakdown, habitually used it for many many years & had all of these "life changing experiences & inner peace" etc etc...

The thing i learnt is, its a load of bollocks, complete and utter bullshit.

Taking acid fucks you up, its that simple, albeit in a good way whilst you're on it (in the most part), when i look back n it now all it ever really did was give me a break from reality, only o return at least 1% more braindead, yet under this false illusion of grandure that something beyond epic & beautiful had taken place...

Dannyboy93 and Mr G like this.
  17. logikz

i know, thats the utter and complete folly of it, its just a chemically induced psychosis, its just confusion, and most of the things you come up with during the high, in terms of the how & why of the world, basically, because it has a tendency to put you in that frame of mind if youre not careful, you forget, or will invariably realize is complete nonsense, should you have managed to document it. why does it feel so epic then, its probably to do with how it hits the brain, i think cannabis has a very similar thing, makes things seem epic and profound that really arent. i think perhaps thats what the word "psychedelic" really means

18. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

My first trip on acid was about 8 years ago, I was fucking some crazy portuguese tattoo artist from work and she took a flight back to algarve to pick up some supplies (probably got ganged by the studio too, slut, that's another story) ... Anywhpooo, she bought back an eye dropper full of about 25 hits of high powered LSD, dunno if it was crazy strong or because of my mental fragility at that time and age, but this shit really knocked me sideways, I've taken 100's of hits since and never quite tripped like I did back then.. Really fucked my persona up you know, locked myself away for about a year playing RPG games swimming inside my computer screen.. Yeah eye opening for sure..

Prefer a good old pipe of dimethyltripyourassoff these days, now that really is something to ponder on, get yourself some bark and drain cleaner and your half way there ;)

logikz likes this.
  19. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

i ate too many cubensis mushrooms once, i believed myself to have died and merged with the universe. According to my onlooking friends I was just wriggling around on the floor.

edit: that reminds me I had another friend who ate too many cubensis and went to the cinema, he had to be removed from underneath the seats by paramedics.

This is when they were legal and you bought a stack of boxes of fresh cuts from camden retailers. simple times.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  20. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

Yep I remember those days, sounds like a good old cosmorgasm to me, riding the carrier wave back to the big bang, exploring folding rooms testing Jim jam junglespice with alien-type entities while you mate decide the point in which it becomes a good idea to call ambulance, end in getting hands and feet zip tied and carried by police kicking and screaming to a waiting ambulance only to get pumped full of downers, next door neighbours thinking you lost the plot for good this time, waking up on a hospital bed to a crying mum knowing you really have lost the plot, until the downers wear off and the only good thing to do is jump back on the horse you fell off and keep rolling.... Yeah been there got the hyperslap

RUSSLA, Moskit and logikz like this.