I think we've got a Konfliqt...

Konfliqtdnb

It was probably my original thread title that brought you here (or that's what I hope so haha). I'm not gonna be that stereotype of dude who just puts his soundcloud link in here with '....DJ from ....' In my opinion it's important that people know who I am, and like me for who I am as well.Cuz you can be the best producer/DJ in the world you won't get there with a shitty ass attitude if you ask me :)

So people who want to know a bit more about me, you can read it in what I tried to make a short bio underneath my stereotype of dude info, cuz some people maybe don't need al that info (which is totally normal)

So who am I?:
I am Jef Somers. I'm 20y/o and I probably live in one of the smallest villages in Belgium called Assent.
I DJ under the alias of: KONFLIQT
Also started producing since begin 2018

*SOUNDCLOUD LINK IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD*

Things you "need" to know about me?:
Thing number one:
-
Started listening to DnB when I was 14y/o. And now 7 years later (I'm turning 21 soon) I'm still listening it with full joy. If I wake up feeling shit,sad or whatever I just start to listen Drum & Bass and my smile comes out immediately.

Thing number two:
- I bought my first DJ-Controller 3 years ago (2015) I think. After practicing a week or three/four on my room a friend and I decided to become a DJ duo that played mostly Techno, Deep House, Futur House,...Wich was actually kinda weird cuz I really didn't had fun playing those genres actually. But yeah, eventually after a month or something we were booked for a decent event with about 200-300 people. We were both so excited to play for such an amount of people cuz the most we had before that was like 100 people at a sweet sixteen. But to get this story finally going, we arrived at the event and it was the first time we had to play on real CD-players and not the controller we were used to. So eventually it was our time to go and play some music, so we plugged in our USB's and the first problem we came across was the fact that all our BPM's were displayed wrong (didn't had a clue rekordbox existed). So there we stood: without our laptop which gave us visual confirmation we were on the beat, without any clue how to properly listen and beatmatch without it, with our tracks displayed not the way we were expecting,...We both were so devastated after our set, If I told you we were on beat once I would lie. I felt pure humiliation, and even decided to quit DJ'ing after that night.

But then at the end of 2016 I felt like installing my controller again on my room, and since I always liked and still like Drum & Bass the most I decided to try it out a bit. It didn't took me very long to get my motivation back and start all over again. So round February 2017 I bought myself my first CDJ's and told my friend all that techno and house stuff wasn't my cup of tea. We did split up as a duo back then, and at that point of time KONFLIQT became my new DJ name.

Where am I now?:
Now I'm so happy I made that decision a bit more then a year ago, why?
I've received an amount of support I never thought I'd receive, which I am everybody that supported me very thankful for. So now I'm almost at 600 followers on Soundcloud, I've became part of the Low Cutz crew, I played at one of the biggest Jump up DnB events in Belgium,...

And most of all I like DJ'ing so much, cuz it's just such a nice feeling to see people have a good time at a party because of your act.

So feel free to check out my mixtapes and dj contests on my profile!
Own tracks coming soon, so keep an eye out (can probably use some feedback :))

Not sure if this is a real question or it's meant in an ironic way hahaha

Yeah, just a joke, Kemal & Rob Data.

your name is an homage to them, no?

anyway, welcome aboard. have a look around and familiarize yourself with the personalities. If you want people to listen to your stuff, listen to theirs and comment on it.

You're most into jump up? What era do you like?

Yeah, just a joke, Kemal & Rob Data.

your name is an homage to them, no?

anyway, welcome aboard. have a look around and familiarize yourself with the personalities. If you want people to listen to your stuff, listen to theirs and comment on it.

You're most into jump up? What era do you like?

Nahh my name just came out of the blue actually! And yeah mostly into Jump up. And that's a hard question, I can appreciate almost every era of jump up that I've been trough. First jump up tunes that I listened to back when I was younger were from Original Sin, Sub Zero, Hype, Hazard, Lyptikal,...But like I said I also like the new era of jump up! I'll give you some names you should look up:

Young Talent: From outside Belgium
- K-motionz [UK] [18y/o]
--> - Tsuki [UK] [19 or 20y/o]
--> -Subsonic [UK] [18 y/o]
--> And then there is still plenty more like: Matzet, Royle, Tesen,....

Belgium's up coming talent:
- D-nasty [20y/o]
--> - Trafalgar [22y/o]
--> - Used [Also part of Low Cutz]
--> And then you've got man like: Atmos, Equalizer, Captain Bass, Licid, Cuvurs,....

Nahh my name just came out of the blue actually! And yeah mostly into Jump up. And that's a hard question, I can appreciate almost every era of jump up that I've been trough. First jump up tunes that I listened to back when I was younger were from Original Sin, Sub Zero, Hype, Hazard, Lyptikal,...But like I said I also like the new era of jump up! I'll give you some names you should look up:

Young Talent: From outside Belgium
- K-motionz [UK] [18y/o]
--> - Tsuki [UK] [19 or 20y/o]
--> -Subsonic [UK] [18 y/o]
--> And then there is still plenty more like: Matzet, Royle, Tesen,....

Belgium's up coming talent:
- D-nasty [20y/o]
--> - Trafalgar [22y/o]
--> - Used [Also part of Low Cutz]
--> And then you've got man like: Atmos, Equalizer, Captain Bass, Licid, Cuvurs,....

Nice, I'm sure they make some dope stuff, anything get pressed? I'm stuck in 1995, lol.

Just an FYI, damn near anyone is going to think Kemal and Rob Data with a name like that. They wrote arguably the biggest anthem in all of Drum n Bass and released it as Konflict.

That is a funny anecdote about your DJ career too. It takes a big, embarassing moment like that to push you to be better. Reminds me of a Public Enemy story, about how they were doing a show and Melle Mel heckled them from the crowd, out-rapped them from the crowd, and stole their show, from the crowd.

The interviewer asked Chuck D. of Public Enemy, "What did you do next?"

And Chuck D. responded, "We got good."

ahahah.

Hey buddy, yes, welcome to the forum!

I would also advise you to rethink your moniker, it's not a good look. The reverence for Konflict is immeasurable on the scene around the world, better you get something original.

Back
Top Bottom