i think its time for another production competition

im glad to see getting a lot of attention :D

theres one person that feels exactly what im talking about. it sucks to put effort for nothing, and i'll be sad but totally understand if you decide to pull the plug on the mix comps for good.

so in fear of sounding like a broken record, hear it again. i want commitment. no, scratch that. i want fanatics. radicals. i wanna see motherfuckers putting a ji'ad on slackers and timewasters, and blowing themselves up in the holy name of this comp.
ye, that should be enough (y):teeth:

theres one person that feels exactly what im talking about. it sucks to put effort for nothing, and i'll be sad but totally understand if you decide to pull the plug on the mix comps for good.

so in fear of sounding like a broken record, hear it again. i want commitment. no, scratch that. i want fanatics. radicals. i wanna see motherfuckers putting a ji'ad on slackers and timewasters, and blowing themselves up in the holy name of this comp.
ye, that should be enough (y):teeth:

yeh man you gotta pull the whip on these guys or theyll run you over!
fecking slackers the lot of you

:teeth:

Gordo, you talk too fucking much. You got a sample pack or what? I want it before I go to work tomorrow. Give me something to do for the weekend..........

Gordo, you talk too fucking much. You got a sample pack or what? I want it before I go to work tomorrow. Give me something to do for the weekend..........

thats a negative mate, you'll have to play with your own toys this weekend. sample pack will be made in good time.
but speaking of talking much, if this do go ahead, you'll be the one i'll pester the most for results. and i'll be needing daily progress updates. be afraid my #1...
:uberlaugh

i would like to take part but if you are excluding reason users then fuck it lol...

(ps fletch and proto watch ur backs if i do take part :p hahaha)

i would like to take part but if you are excluding reason users then fuck it lol...

Yeah that's the thing, excluding reason users isn't very cool, unless they have a host to rewire through. Crystal is a great free synth

http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/

no way, i the last thing i want is to exclude any sort of users, or dictate to people how to work. Sonar, reason, logic, mac or linux, that's entirely your choice and dont let anyone tell you that yours is worse than his.
the solution i came up for reason or any other closed program is to include a free vsti host, where you can create and export wav files from the synth. PQN seemed good, but it doesnt have options for automation. perhaps i could include the lite version of ableton, which i believe is free, and also make a step by step guide on how to set it up for audio renders.
how does that sound ?

crystal is a very cool synth, but i was thinking of providing something very simple, as to motivate people to use only the given presets and focus on sampling techniques, than creating your own synth patches. i was considering TAL's Vintager II. what ya think ?

Last edited:
yeah vintager 2 looks pretty good and simple, could work well. I never thought of using a vsti host when I was using reason it could be an interesting way of working. Yeah the lite version of ableton is free and the demo of the full version lasts about a month and im sure will work well with reason. put it to a vote?

Back
Top Bottom