DnB I think it sound like a 2 chainz beats what yall think?

hey there.
what style is that?
i dont know the style its hard to comment on that - but production wise was pretty good. like that sub drum thing. chilled out vibe - goes well with a smoke man.
thanks

Not bad man. Overall, it's got a nice vibe to it, slightly detuned & evil. I'd like to hear another instrument or two, maybe some type of hi pitched lead with a bit of portamento for some gliding. Even it's just a real simple riff, I think the extra instrument could really inject a bit more personality into the tune.

Cheers.

Nice enough sounds but not enough to sustain interest. Needs more compositional elements unless this is a backing track intended for RnB vocals or sleazy rapping

I did not like it. What everyone else said above. Also I think it could use vocals.

lol ur difntly rit about it being detuned i did tha on purpose but far as me adding a little more i guess tha goes wit me jus learning a liitle more an stayn at it cz i dfntly thght of other shit ta put in it but i jus couldnt lol but ur shit is hot like tecno ish pop ish fast pase make me feel like a rock star when i listen to it pretty cool

Nice elements, sounds like a backing track again seems to go nowhere. The side-chaining is excessive, sounds like I got me fingers in me ears going in and out. Needs more eq-ing too.

dang ur tough what u mean backing track? whats the main thing tha would make it better 2 u ? cz thats prolly what I should work on first. oh yea ur talking bout the cymbals paning from left 2 right lmao i thght maybe me doin tha would make it better cz i do take pointers from real production paid rappers actual rap 2 but let me go back 2 drawing board

What I mean by a backing track is a track for singing over. The track does not stand on it's own, if you have made it with the intent of having someone Rap/sing over the track then it's ok but still it needs some progression within the various elements such as a filter over time or sound effects to indicate changes drops & stutters and drum rolls etc. Obviously don't throw every trick at a track, less is often more but you still need to do more than simply having blocks of musical elements that stop and start and a plinki lead that simply loops for 5 minutes you need to engage your audience. But more than anything else your drums need to be loud they need to be the main element particularly the kick which in this track is lost. Hope that helps, not trying to be tough just realistic.

i think the thing you should remember is that this is a drum n bass forum. so we are kind of expecting that style.
if the vocals are going to be the main focus of your music - amazing rapping. then i guess we really would need to hear those with it to get the full effect. or else it just sounds a bit bland (no offense)
i dunno man listen to all the other traks people are posting here and compare yours. they are more "complete". your tracks seem to be waiting for something if you see what i mean. probably a rap vocal.

why dont you go to accapellas4u.co.uk and download some rap accapellas and put them over your tracks - if you havent got anyone to rap over your tunes yet.
peace
oh and when the kick hits - it drowns everything in your 2nd tune - like everything is sidechained to it - too much. tone that down a bit m8.

what speakers do you have?

Johnathan
Please could you write in english and not teen age girl text message. I have to read everything you write three times.
Even if your track is inevitably going to be raped over you NEED the track to be good to. Think of rap muis like a sandwich. Now the rapper is the meat of the sandwich. And the producer is the bread. Now, you could have the best damn meat in the world in your sandwich but if you got moldy stale bread what do you have? A fucking moldy sandwich that is what you have.
So my point is that you need better bread. First on the John doe track the kick is heavily side chain to point that it breaks up the flow of the music. Try finding the frequencies where your kick drum is hitting. Go to your pad and take the eq down at those frequencies. Go back to your side chan and play with the attack and release until a smoother duck appears. Also the breaks in your song need more to make them work. In music this is called Cadence. I posted a link below I want you to read and research. Your music has potential. But you need to be an artist and a scientist to be a good producer something we all stuggel with. Also you post feedback on other peoples tracks in here. Give a little get a little. You can learn a lot here even if you dont produce drum and bass. But you should try. I also posted up more links of what drum and bass can do with rap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadence_(music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ianf7LuV3WM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpXh8eYEyTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZjUMQdmpas
And these are my favorite American guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZ08NcdbCw

Back
Top Bottom