I think I just saw Marine One

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, May 18, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

An entire armada of Helicopters just flew over head. I think its the G8 summit meeting at Camp David about 20 miles(about 32 kilometers) away. It was pretty cool.

2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

You mind the idea of having a mormon for president IV?

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

To be perfectly honest no. I do not believe in God or gods. Americans will always believe that we are the new Jerusalem, a people picked by God to lead the world. For me it is a bunch of bull shit. But politicians will always invoke the name of God to do their bidding. Mormons are the perfect example of this. Look them up, or at least watch the south park episode about them.
    Any way in a America you in the end do not vote for a religion, creed, or ethics. Even if you think you are. You basically vote for the buisnes that owns the political candidate. And they win you over with advertisements about things like religious issues, taxes, foreign policy, stupid shit. In the end the only change they make are how to tax or not tax the rich and how to spend the money on the military. While we squabble over who is the better candidate because he/she believes in abortion or does not believe. And you can substitute the word abortion with a thousand other words.
    America has a real cognitive dissonance about who we vote for and why.
    I digress.

4. ThePapa

You do. And so will I.

IV I always feel a bit like I'm waving my hand in front of a blind person when I ask americans this but...can you see any difference at all between religions like say Islam, Buddhism or Christianity and the more recently made up ones like Mormonism and Scientology? I'm going to take a gamble and say you cant. New religious movements like Mormonism and Scientology would not have got off the ground in Europe like they have in the States. They would have been laughed at and derided, quite rightly so, for making such obviously spurious (and quite frankly embarassing) claims about the world. There is no way they would have reached mainstream acceptance.

You guys have twisted the idea of people being free to practice their religion (ie do something their ancestors have done for over a thousand years) with respect (ie without fear of persecution) into the idea that people can believe whatever they want (really going out of their way to make things up) without ever being pulled up on it. This 'freedom' has turned you into frankly the most credulous people in the developed world. Discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_plates

5. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

its all about diverting you from the bigger picture

6. ThePapa

Brief Introduction to Mormonism

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, commonly known as "The Mormon Church", began in 1830 with six members. It was based upon the Revelations of Joseph Smith Jr., who claimed to be a Prophet of God. He claimed to see God and Jesus in a vision in 1820 who told him all the Christian churches were "corrupt". He was later visited by the Angel Moroni, who showed him where to dig up a set of Gold Plates in a hill near his farm called "Cumorah". Joseph Smith did so, and, via the gift and power of God, translated the Gold Plates into The Book of Mormon; which Mormons believe is "another testament of Jesus Christ" along with the Bible.

The Book of Mormon purports to be the "record of the Nephites" (nee-fights) in America. About 600 B.C. a Jewish Prophet named Lehi (lee-high) and his family, and an Arab family, build ships and travel to America. They soon divide into the Nephites and Lamanites (lay-man-ites). God curses the Lamanites with a "skin of darkness" so they do not intermarry with the Nephites. The Nephites are more civilized, but sometimes in the book the Lamanites become "more righteous" than the Nephites. They have many wars. Nephite prophets arise to warn the Nephites, and sometimes also the Lamanites, to repent of their sins, and beware of "secret combinations", secret oaths, etc.

After Jesus is crucified in Jerusalem and ascends into a cloud over Jerusalem, He appears in a cloud in the sky to the Nephites, and descends among the Nephites in America and stays with them three days; organizing a church and preaching exactly what He preaches in the Gospel of Matthew chapter 18 (word for word). He then ascends back into the cloud on His way to visit the lost tribes.

Things for well for a few hundred years between the Nephites and Lamanites, but, the Nephites get rich, which causes them to get prideful, which causes them to forget the things of God, and all hell brakes loose again. Nephite prophets arise to call the Nephites to repentence and to warn them of their destruction lest they repent. The Nephites reject these warnings, and because of the love of wealth, and pride, they are eventually destroyed in a final battle at the Hill Cumorah; where all Nephites (men, women, children, babies) apparently are exterminated by the Lamanites save only a dozen of so Nephite survivors; one being Moroni, the son of Mormon (who dies in battle).

Before his death at the Battle of the Hill Cumorah, Mormon wrote an abridgement of the Record of the Nephites on gold plates. Moroni then finishes this Record, adding a very brief history of the Jaredites, and some other things about how to properly baptism, serve the Sacrament, etc., at the end of the work. Moroni then buries the gold plates in the Hill Cumorah; this being about 420 A.D.

In 1826 A.D. Moroni, now as an Angel, reveals to Joseph Smith, a farm boy, where the gold plates are in the Hill Cumorah, and instructions for him to translate the plates into English. This is the Mormon Church's explanation for The Book of Mormon.

It gets weirder folks... http://www.angelfire.com/planet/lds/22.html

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

FYI for 'Lamanites' read 'Negroes'

7. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

to be fair though, christianity is still a load of bollocks really isnt it? Even if mormonism is more bollocks, its still all bollocks. and more american bollocks doesnt nearly justify a religion thats been dictating the shape of europe for 2000 years. Its just some bollocks with less plot holes

8. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

I thought they were just care free white albino Hippopotamus's

9. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

seems legit

10. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Bollocks is - men that claim they can talk to a god or fulfill his will on earth, bollocks is telling the people not to use condoms, bollocks is to tell people they should do this and that.

The bible is an old ass book and it tells a story, Evolution and bible are totally compatible. Idiots will always do wrong, doesn´t matter if its a Quran, a bible, the thora, communism, capitalism or football.

11. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

So who's bollocks here, its not clear

12. mr karnage

there will always be corporate cunts shaping how we people view things, changing the times and NWO, all that shit

anyone heard of the tavistock institute for human relations

13. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Nope, where is it and who do they relate to?

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those guys for example?

Its not the fault of these books or god/jesus/mariah carey or whitney.

15. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

So they ruined it amirite? forgive me i tend not to look into too much

16. ThePapa

Deegun the main point of evolution is that it's exceptionally wasteful. You flood the market with offspring, most of them get eaten, the ones that make it are usually better equipped to survive. And then they have lots of offspring etc etc repeated ad infinitum. It's a real blood bath out there.

Is this clip a reflection of god's plan for animal life on this planet?!

d-low I meant they shouldnt let new ones take root. america's a breeding ground for religion. there's nothing they wont believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  17. mr karnage

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  18. ThePapa

Mate I was in London for those bombings so you'll forgive me if I say I'm not interested in what possibly the most ignorant and uneducated member of the forum has managed to glean from watching badly made youtube videos.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  19. mr karnage

that post just made you look more ignorant than me mate...

doesnt matter where you was

im from the place the 'bombers' where from

20. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

i got you dude! no need for the small font though. Disrespectful.
    lol