I swear people dont know what djs do...

bigdave1992

I was playin at motion the other day in bristol and i really dont think some people really understand what i was doing...i mean to the extent were if i just dropped the needle on the vinyl they would of loved it and carried on dancing...

so when i was playin, i was really just playin to the people who did...

i mean when i got of the decks this bloke come up to me and said

"you was well good mate, are you gonna do any more mcing tonight?"

:rinsed:

ahahah I had a similar thing happen to me.

I had just finished a set in a little club on a strip of bars/clubs last week. Left the venue, went and sat on my vinyl box outside a kebab house and rolled a snout. Some pissed up goon rolled up to me and this is how the conversation went EXACTLY

"what you sitting on?"

"A box mate"

"whats in it?"

"Vinyl"

"oh what do you DJ, new school, old school?"

"Bit of everything really"

"yeh but old school, new school?"

"erm new school I suppose"

"cool........................have you got any ESKMAN (not a spelling mistake he actually did say ESKman)

"ahaha nah sorry mate, no eskman im afraid"

"ah is it, see im more into my vocal drum and bass"

"ah ok cool, if you like vocal Dnb check out chase and status"

"Chasing who?"

"Chase and Status"

"nice one mate, I lived in London for 17 years never heard any drum and bass couldnt find any partys down there, now iv moved to Watford its everywhere! getting well into it now"

At this point my mate came out the kebab shop so I said "cool bro, nice chatting to you" then walked off.

Possibly the funniest conversation I have ever had

yeh alot of people really dont... it also goes to the extenet that my mrs doesnt really understand what a DJ does and she see me DJn all the time.....

technically... i dont think anyone that isnt a DJ really knows what your doing....

i went to a rave once, at the end one of my mates who wasnt into rave really said to us lot " i think the last band were the best" ... all you can do in these times is smile and agree

yeh alot of people really dont... it also goes to the extenet that my mrs doesnt really understand what a DJ does and she see me DJn all the time.....

technically... i dont think anyone that isnt a DJ really knows what your doing....

yeah, this.

it definately makes you appriciate it a lot more when you see a sick mix

i dint have a scooby what dj's actually did until i saw my mate mix a tune i recognised then it all became clear.
tbh honest tho its understandable that ppl dnt know, i mean its obvious once your get told but the whole concept of beatmatching/mxing is really hard to get your head round unless you got a dj and some decks infront of you

I love it when your DJing at a night and peeps come at you with requests! You get lasses coming up asking for any R'n'B or theres the one guy who thinks hes a dnb don-1 and asks for chopper!

i had this 1 geeza keep comin up askin me to play something dark... had already played a bit of noisia so i said wot ya got in mind and he was yeh u know like system check... pissed myself!!!

it does my head when birds come and ask me if i', playin any rnb i jus tellem there in the wrong club..

but sometimes wot cracks me up is when people ask me i if i'm gonna be djing and mcing at the sametime!! would love to giv it a go lol!!!

I was in reading one night an there were a bunch of idiots surrounding me! A couple of the crowds finest came up to me while i was playin Commix - satellite type 2 an said :

'have u got any andy c?' i stopped the mix i was doin an looked at them strangely then asked 'like wat?'
she replied wiv 'i dunno' an then turned to her mate sorta askin for help then her mate said have you got any chasing status?........:rolleyes:

I couldnt help but hav an internal giggle, then i dropped crank, which kept em busy....probably one of the worst gigs i played cause ppl could literally walk straight up to u. its better wen ur sealed off by the public. i remember the girl trying to sing in love over crank, wat a newtche! Does make the night worthwhile in a way? i s'pose.....

I was playin at motion the other day in bristol and i really dont think some people really understand what i was doing...i mean to the extent were if i just dropped the needle on the vinyl they would of loved it and carried on dancing...

so when i was playin, i was really just playin to the people who did...

i mean when i got of the decks this bloke come up to me and said

"you was well good mate, are you gonna do any more mcing tonight?"

:rinsed:

What's your DJ name mate? Motion is one of my regular haunts, big up the west country.

Yeah exactly.

Can't explain it for shit untill you let someone on the decks and they do the biggest turd of a mix ever.

motion has to be one of the sickest clubs in the country! im hosting room 2 there last on in the year, what night was this you played on.....

one time i went to a one nation when chase and status were playing few years ago, my mates bro who's bout 28 and has no clue bout dnb was there and beaned off his nut. everytime the mc's kept going 'make some noise for the CHASE & STATUS' he kept thinking that jason statham was djing there, what an idiot, then again can see how it sounds similar if ure fucked

motion has to be one of the sickest clubs in the country! im hosting room 2 there last on in the year, what night was this you played on.....

one time i went to a one nation when chase and status were playing few years ago, my mates bro who's bout 28 and has no clue bout dnb was there and beaned off his nut. everytime the mc's kept going 'make some noise for the CHASE & STATUS' he kept thinking that jason statham was djing there, what an idiot, then again can see how it sounds similar if ure fucked

Motion is a good club,

it was KAPOW...wasnt stricly drum and bass... had thomas from skins, kella killa, dj fresh headlining it.

Back
Top Bottom