I still use vinyl!

darkcrystl

Hi ya people! New to this forum lark so bear with me.
Gonna hopefully be posting some mixes of mine for you's to enjoy under name of Emeate. All done with good old fashioned vinyl I might add on Numark TT500 + Behringer DJX750.It's not that I'm against the idea of mp3 and cdj's. It's just that I like the control and sound of vinyl more so.Anyone else agree?Opinions please

Wow! well impressed by the speed of the responses guy's. Thanks v. much for your views. Just goes to show there's still a healthy following for the sound

Wow! well impressed by the speed of the responses guy's. Thanks v. much for your views. Just goes to show there's still a healthy following for the sound

You'll find that within the dnb community a large proportion still use vinyl as their main medium, this is also the same for dubstep.

I myself am slowly making the change to digital (using traktor, thus still using my turntables) however this is moreso out of a lack of funds at the moment. Furthermore Ive been struggling to warrent the purchase of a 12 inch just for one track in some cases.

I find the best alternative is running a 3 deck setup, 1 cdj (for buying single tracks from compilations, LPs and EPs, when inwhich im only feeling a few of the tunes) and then two decks for vinyl.

Big up vinyl!

i just want to say, as a man who's spent a lot of time and money on vinyl. that as far as i'm concerned, 320 ftw.

i've spent years paying six quid for a slice of vinyl that i'll only ever play one side of, and that side only for a few months. now that i can get most of what i want for a quid fifty per track, i fully intend to go digital. two cdj and one technic 1210 for the little bits of vinyl i got and still need to buy. i just can't see how paying six quid for vinyl is appropriate anymore. i can't afford it and have invested a fortune in a record collection that's just gonna sit in storage until i have somewhere to put it, and even then it won't come off the shelf.

vinyl is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but let's not be seduced by the history of the art, lets embrace the future.

i just want to say, as a man who's spent a lot of time and money on vinyl. that as far as i'm concerned, 320 ftw.

i've spent years paying six quid for a slice of vinyl that i'll only ever play one side of, and that side only for a few months. now that i can get most of what i want for a quid fifty per track, i fully intend to go digital. two cdj and one technic 1210 for the little bits of vinyl i got and still need to buy. i just can't see how paying six quid for vinyl is appropriate anymore. i can't afford it and have invested a fortune in a record collection that's just gonna sit in storage until i have somewhere to put it, and even then it won't come off the shelf.

vinyl is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but let's not be seduced by the history of the art, lets embrace the future.

i love vinyl cos its what i grew up on but i have too say the mans got a point. i played my first completely digital set yesterday and it was just as enjoyable as ever.

I'm a "dj in training" right now..practicing using vinyl..def get the satisfaction of makin' a proper drop in practice mixes, etc..but as many of ya know, not everything gets released on vinyl anymore so cdjs help out with the mp3 thing for sure...

you knows it son!

I quickly became converted to digital for the soul purpose of being pissed off with cracks and blemishes with vinyl (you can always replace a cd) and completely miss the point in vinyl heads staying true to their chunky frisbee's :clown: I know they feel so much better etc but you can get cdjs with real vinyl jog wheels if you miss em that much. I just think digital has so much more potential and diversity as well as keeping that hole in your pocket to a minimum. Analog based appliances are so so old now.

Back
Top Bottom