i really need help with speakers!

_MILLA

Flamboyant muthafucka
VIP Junglist
im currently using Jamo D 365's!
my mate is buyin them off me cos i need something smaller and better for mixing!

i got 200quid!

i am after a hi fi system that i can run my decks thru really!

any suggestions, and what speakers sound bangin and also are clear enough for mixing ?

like i sed , 200 quid to spend and no clue!

i bin lookin at the old technics sb range! they seem pretty good... opinions ?

cheers!

Look for B&W, Marantz, Kef, Cambridge Audio, Nad etc. We have a pair of B&W 602s with a Nad C315 amp and it kicks the arse out of our old studio monitors. Cost a little more than £200 tho

im currently using Jamo D 365's!
my mate is buyin them off me cos i need something smaller and better for mixing!

i got 200quid!

i am after a hi fi system that i can run my decks thru really!

any suggestions, and what speakers sound bangin and also are clear enough for mixing ?

like i sed , 200 quid to spend and no clue!

i bin lookin at the old technics sb range! they seem pretty good... opinions ?

cheers!

Do you want volume and bass or quality? You can't have it all on that budget. A decent set of budget hifi speakers and an amp would sound better than those mackie thumps posted above but wouldn't cut it too well if you really want to crank it. Depends on how your neighbours react to the volume too.

For quality go for something like those whafedales. If you want house parties etc try find some second hand PA speakers.

I have a pair of B&W DM601 s2's. They were £300, I was thinking of selling, but they only fetch £60 or so on ebay, so figured I'd keep them. There are plenty for sale on there, you really cant go wrong with them & are supposedly the best book shelf/free standers for under £500 (when I bought mine)

what about wharfdale diamond 9.1's ??

This.
I was given an old Denon PMA100M amp by my work, and then bought these to go with it and they work an absolute trreat. Can't turn the volume up to more than halfway really as everything in my room starts shaking! these are well worth consideration at least

Back
Top Bottom