I read production books so you don't have to! (Tips inside)

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Production tricks

Mic mechanical noise of playing synth to make it sound live

Do a pitch envelope on a copy of a sound to give volume******

Use gated reverb on a synth patch

Use desser on drums

Use vocoder with the carrier and modulator signal the same

Use short delay with feedback

Duplicate, phase shift, detune

Pan a different waveform left and right and mix in with original.

Use a compressor buss for kick and bass together
A dark room with few early reflections provide acoustic depth

For stereo, EQ on a graphic EQ the left with every odd band down and the other every even band down
Pitch shift down a duplicate of a snare and add 100 perfect wet drum room reverb

I've got moar if you'd like ;)

Massive sounds out of cat purring, cat's are made out of reece and fur so you know that shit will be dank

Duplicate, highpass at 4k or so so just sizzle, color it a bit, put chorus, put back in

adding a bit of a predelay to a reverb brings it "closer to the wall", diffusion makes the high and low frequencies decay differently. try compressing the early reflections

have the effects added be added for emotions

to set limiter's release put the threshhold really down and mess with the timing

put predelay to quarternote

Well done for trying to help people but some of these tips are rather misleading & will only be effective if you're going for THAT sound.
A brief explanation of why the technique may be useful would benefit people better.

I wrote these down for myself to remember them and I just felt like sharing so that would explain it but thanks you for pointing that out! Certain things in here are simply production techniques that can be used, who cares if your pre delay is set to a quarter note, it has to sound good in the end

Back
Top Bottom