I need very basic help in Cubase SX 2

Andydextruss

Something
I've tried using the get started guide in the manual, but it wasnt quite clear to me.

The main problem is that theres no sound, I havent got a clue how you set it up. I've got a Sound Blaster sound card and I'm running Windows XP.

Can you also tell me how to open up a drum track and start inputting stuff.

Also how do you open up a track and start using a vst?

If you can give a step by step guide, or hit me up on AIM. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok I've got sound on an audio file, I've opened a drum track, input a basic pattern but I cant get the pattern to play. Any ideas/suggestions? I'm on AIM (Andydextruss) and MSN (Andy_dextruss@yahoo.co.uk), hit me up if you wanna help. Kthnxby.

In your start menu, go to Steinburg and then Cubase. Its not in front of me, but you should see a selection for Cubase Audio Properties or something to that extent. Click that and switch it to your sound card. Also, make sure in your control panel that your audio is setup for your soundblaster.

to use a vst. go to devices. open that and click on vst instruments. click the open blank little window slot there and it should come up with a list of those vsts. make a new midi track (right click, midi track) then select the pencil and draw out any length (should be red and grey). double click that red and grey space and it will bring you to a piano roll. now you can sequence your sounds.

this program is so fucken complicated, let me suggest buying the cd rom tutorial/video manual (shows you STEP by STEP how to do almost every effect and what its purpose is) from pcaudiolabs.com

its 50 bucks, but WELL worth it.

Cheers anyway, I got it sorted now, only thing is the sound of my drums only comes out the left headphone/speaker, when using the lm-7, any ideas why that is.

I'm looking into some tutorials and books, I know I'll need em. But thanks.

Back
Top Bottom