I need two DnB record IDs

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I have two DnB promo records that I would like IDs for.

The first is a record I bought at BBS this past weekend. I heard the guys playing it in the back room and I was like, "WOW! Thats a DnB remix of the famous 1991 track: Dragonfly "Visons of Rage"!!!"

The run off rings say: Payload003

The guys at the store said to check the "tarzan" site but I just did and the info it gives me makes no sense as I cant tell what the track titles are and it says theres two Payload003s. Maybe someone has a better idea of what the deal is with this record. I was also told that it was by Noetic & Nu Balance....

The second one is a record I got from a friend who doesn't collect DnB. I think this was a pretty famous jazzy DnB record last year and it sounds like DJ Marky, the guy from Brazil.

The run off rings say: Portica 005

Any IDs would be great.

apparently portica005 is danny C - The Mexican / Dayz I Live
and i only saw 1 payload003..
DJ Skinny & Noetic - Bamboo Gain / Mayhem, Psidream & Infiltrata - Avalanche

CoB said:
apparently portica005 is danny C - The Mexican / Dayz I Live
Which side is which?

and i only saw 1 payload003..
DJ Skinny & Noetic - Bamboo Gain / Mayhem, Psidream & Infiltrata - Avalanche

You just listed two records (or a 3 tracker). This promo is only one record and theres one track on each side.

1992 said:
You just listed two records (or a 3 tracker). This promo is only one record and theres one track on each side.

errr ... he listed one record actually.

read it like this:

DJ Skinny & Noetic - Bamboo Gain
flipped with
Mayhem, Psidream & Infiltrata - Avalanche

mekim said:
errr ... he listed one record actually.

read it like this:

DJ Skinny & Noetic - Bamboo Gain
flipped with
Mayhem, Psidream & Infiltrata - Avalanche

Nice! But one question remains, what side is what? I know one side is a "Visions of rage remix". I'll probably have to wait till the full release comes out to find out since that tarzan site is so vague.

1992 said:
Nice! But one question remains, what side is what? I know one side is a "Visions of rage remix". I'll probably have to wait till the full release comes out to find out since that tarzan site is so vague.

This should clear it up 1992

A Side= DJ Skinny & Noetic - Bamboo Gain

AA Side=Mayhem, Psidream & Infiltrata - Avalanche

Like this track you should also check out a release on Leet Recordings. The A side is by Exile & Temper D called Project Mayhem, but the AAside I think you'll like alot more it's by Infiltrata & It's called Peace Out Y'all.

1992 said:
that tarzan site is so vague.

at the moment a lot of work is done on tarzan v2, therefore i would appreciate it if you could state what is vague, so things can be more clear in the future version.

tarzan said:
at the moment a lot of work is done on tarzan v2, therefore i would appreciate it if you could state what is vague, so things can be more clear in the future version.
Will do.

The first thing I noticed was that the way the colums and rows are set up, its difficult to tell if I'm looking at two releases or one release. I had this problem when looking up the record in this post.

Secondly the tracks aren't listed as to what side they are on (sometimes tracks aren't listed at all). For example if I were to look up Basement Records 005 I would _want_ to see something like this (but seperated nicely with colums and rows)....

BRSS005 Hedgehog Affair presents Rush Till Dawn - A1 "Second Rush", A2 "These are the sounds of house, B1 "Ohh my god I'm a DJ", B2 "We Told You", Year: 1992.

But instead you have....

BRSS005Hedgehog Affair Hedgehog Affair - Part 2

....Which is vague for me.

No doubt your on your way to a great data base but there are some things.... like what I've mentioned that could use some tuning. If you need help with fixing up the loose ends in the early hardcore department you might want to contact Jeff "rapture" Hillman who has a very good hardcore discog on his site. perhaps with his permission you could use his stuff on your site. I don't know the link to his discog but if you do a search for "rapture's discography" you may find it.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

just to be sure: you are looking at a release listing like this right?

the column thing should be 'fixed' with the next version. the whole tarzan thing has been my first php/mysql/html project. been learning a lot from the beginning :)

erm.. it actually does tell you what the a and b sides are on tarzan.
look at the cat number on the record, it should also have an A, AA, B or whatever side they named it ;)
and also.. I actually like the way tarzan is set up!! lol
the first (light blue) section is the side.. the second (dark blue) section is for all the original artists.. then the third (light blue) section is the track name. and the fourth (dark blue) is anyone what remixed it

Last edited:
tarzan said:
just to be sure: you are looking at a release listing like this right?

the column thing should be 'fixed' with the next version. the whole tarzan thing has been my first php/mysql/html project. been learning a lot from the beginning :)

Ohh hey, thats nice! I didn't know the cat numbers were links to other pages. Thats just fine, and you even have a label scan for that release as well.

Ok, I take back what I said then if every release is listed like BRSS005.

Back
Top Bottom