i need some psy-dnb to close out a psytrance party...

middleWave

any recommendations?

my buddy asked me to close out his psytrance party with the sunrise set. i'm not into psy at all, but he gave the green light for dnb, so i want to come with some psy vibes...

seba, kemal, lethal & khanage, universal project, early resound, klute's first two releases on commercial suicide, very early dsci4, the early enei stuff when he was all about the more minimal stuff are all your friends.

mix them all really quickly, play them at 168 bpm

Seba is a good choice, but just because it's a psytrance night doesn't mean people want to hear overly psy-ish/ repetitive music at the end, they've just had 5 hours of that... I'd play an uplifting liquid set that isnt too dancefloor oriented, not too dark.

but just because it's a psytrance night doesn't mean people want to hear overly psy-ish/ repetitive music at the end, they've just had 5 hours of that....

you underestimate people who go to a psytrance rave.

the major psytrance festivals in south america and africa usually have a 24 license.. non stop psytrance for like 72+ hours :duck::duck::duck::duck:

There's actually a sub genre called 'Psybreaks'. I guess that's exactly what you are looking for. Check out Cybernetika:

Also this tune from the New Blood '013 compilation should fit well:

Seba is a good choice, but just because it's a psytrance night doesn't mean people want to hear overly psy-ish/ repetitive music at the end, they've just had 5 hours of that... I'd play an uplifting liquid set that isnt too dancefloor oriented, not too dark.

quite a few of my friends like psy trance (fuck knows why) and i can tell you they wouldnt take kindly to a liquid dnb set after a few hours of repetitive psy trance. the repetitiveness is key. It would be like netsky coming on at the end of a renegade hardware night, and then playing the lighthouse family just to "chill out a bit".

as quite a few have recommended above, i would go with early 00's techstep. this one instantly springs to mind

Any tune of the trance n bass cd:

1 John B Electrofreek (John B's Epic Mix) (7:48)
Vocals - Libby Picken
2 John B Blue Eyeshadow (4:46)
3 Concord Dawn Morning Light (5:09)
4 Teebee Severed Dreams (5:52)
5 Cause 4 Concern Moongerm (5:53)
6 Concord Dawn Aurora (4:24)
7 Raiden Fallin (6:37)
8 Concord Dawn Take Me Away (6:34)
9 Kemal & Technical Itch The Calling (6:59)
10 Plex Speedfreak (4:13)
11 John B Mirror Of Thought (5:09)
Vocals - Natalie Warren
12 DKay & Rawfull Be There 4 U (6:04)
13 Klute Tranceformat (4:26)

Surely intro with this?

My understanding of the psytrance scene is limited to a Google image search and chance encounter with a dreadlocked dude in a youth hostel whose views on reality scared me somewhat.

However... surely dropping Detroit on their heads at 6am would only bolster the collective trip.... man...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom