I need some adivse mates

Discussion in 'Production' started by RevTech, Oct 22, 2008.

1. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Remember the "how to get drums tight thread"? Most of you don't.

Nways. Go to my Reverbplayer and listen to DnB Upon one (dnb forum example).

I did the techniques that was posted in an earlier thread, and I wonder how I can improve it and such.

(http://www.reverbnation.com/revtech)

2. LineOne

LineOne The Cubase Man

drums sound fine to me m8 but im only listening on headphones. Maybe turn down the hats a bit as they seem o distract you from the rest of the tune. As i said tho this may not be the case as im listening on headphones. Part from that m8 gud tune. I love the difference of it. not like a usual dnb tune

3. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Sound to me like you need to pitch them up a bit...

Have you tried pitching them up an octave? Can make them sound more snappy and get you away from the Hardcore, proto dnb sound that you've got there... Which I believe is what you're after?

4. kama

kama benkama.net

sounds very oldskool in terms of tempo, modern dnb runs at around 170-180bpm. This is more like breaks/breakbeat. Your extremes sound extreme (what?), the highest end almost cracks me ears and the sub interferes with the kick. To be honest i'm not sure if you have a sub there or is it just the kick? Pitch it up a little like 3-5 semitones and add some tempo just to see how it sounds then, i dare you.

If you can achieve this without losing the punch you got now, you're on the right track man.

5. RevTech

Yes, it's around 160 BPM. I do have a sub wub (that sounds cool aloud haha) I may sidechain the bass to make the kicks come through/not interfere.

6. RevTech

I pitched them down on purpose. I will turn the volume tho thx