I need producers for my new label

Hmm....I wouldnt do it for fun fella, Starting a label is serious business mate. You gotta consider the aquiring (spelling?) of artists, promotion of their tracks, mastering of their tracks, release dates, getting the tracks heard by DJ's etc etc, then you gotta consider the monetary issues like what percentage you get compared to the artist, what sites the tracks are gonna get distributed through, how you're gonna pay the artists etc etc....the list is endless mate.

There's lot's to do my friend.

and you'd be surprised at the lack of patience received by some people :P

well it's not like I want to start a major record label.
I just want people to have my music, that's why I only deliver free downloads.
that way there is no problem with payments or whatever, because there not there.

I see it like this, I want people to listen to my tracks so I give them the soundcloud page. on it they will also see the tracks made by my fellow producers. same goes for the promotion the other producers make.
so you help eachother to get your tracks heard.
I don't care about money, I already got a great job.

I actually considered doing something similar a few months back.. starting my own small little indie label to promote free music etc etc. I have so many producer friends here at uni who have bags of talent but aren't signed or anything so it definitely appealed to me :) I might get round to doing it one day. You have some nice tracks on your soundcloud though mate ;) hit me up if you ever need a partner in crime.

joey, could you give me a link to your soundcloud page. i'll check it out :)

yo, I didn't mean in terms of my stuff being shown through the label.. I meant if you ever needed a helping hand running/promoting it :)

Right now I don't think my stuff is good enough to go up on soundcloud, so I haven't upped anything yet.. but I will eventually.

I'm in, if you'll have me.
However I won't consider it a true label. It's not like I'm going to say at every song that I'm already labeled, cause then a real record company will most certainly overlook me. (not that I have great ambitions, but you never know, right?)
http://www.soundcloud.com/nucleoid-1/
you can add my remix of coldplay if you want, if not I'll make a new song for your new 'label'.

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Ahh what the hell you can use this one as well :)

Mate... my best advice to you would be... dont worry about starting a label..... get your soundcloud up and running properly.. you have less than 20 followers.... I would have considered dropping a little free track your way but... you only have a fan base of 20... so its not in my interest... or anyone elses... even if you are giving them away free... the beauty of a label that gives away free tracks is that they usually have a big fan base so it makes sense to give them a free track or two so that you get extra promo...

but yeh... set yourself up a Facebook... SoundCloud... and start getting a fanbase...

If you're doing it as more a hobby and a bit of fun, then fairplay to ya, the end result all depends on the amount of work u put in tbh.

But please please please please please, consider quality control when ur signing 50 tunes from 50 unsigned producers. The main problem with the digital market atm is over saturation and new labels releasing every tune that tom dick n harry have sent em with no quality control whatsoever

If you're doing it as more a hobby and a bit of fun, then fairplay to ya, the end result all depends on the amount of work u put in tbh.

But please please please please please, consider quality control when ur signing 50 tunes from 50 unsigned producers. The main problem with the digital market atm is over saturation and new labels releasing every tune that tom dick n harry have sent em with no quality control whatsoever

This is massively true.

I think the other important side to this is that as artists it is worth considering whether you actually are going to benefit from having tunes out there. No offence meant to anyone (of course), but the established labels and djs out there know what they are talking about, and its worth valuing their opinions on your tracks.

If your tracks are good enough, and you present yourself in a good enough way then people will sign your stuff (politics aside). It's always worth considering taking your time with production and getting it to the level where you're noticed by the people who's thoughts you value.

Of course this doesn't apply all the time as there is a tonne of fantastic unheard and unsigned music around, and in those cases definitely take it into your own hands and do something about it, i'd just suggest that because you've finished a couple of tunes it's worth considering why they aren't coming out on Ram/Shogun/Critical or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom