I need help with this bass please.

Bubbass

Hey guys, I'm sorry for bothering with this kind of asks, but I've joined in the production world 4 month ago and I love it, I mean is the best thing that ever happened to me, and as you can guess I'm pritty noob. I've looked up for tutorials, theory and that kind of stuff besides messing around with the production program ( Ableton live 8 ) but I didn't get how to manipulate the oscilation as clean and precise like I want. Any kind of help or guiding will be very appreciate.
Here is the song. The bass oscilation, I ment before starts over min 2:10, I mean there you can hear it clearly.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

P.D : Sorry about my english I'm still learning xD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have a little more experience than when I did my first """""song""""" where I used Nexus with some filters and effects (It's on my signature), now I'm using Massive and FX8 but I need to learn a looooooot of thoery of waves and that stuff but I can't find a manual or a book about that.

Edit: FM8 not FX8 xD

Last edited:
Try searching a tutorial on youtube with Octane. This guy really knows what he's talking about. I'm sorry I don't have the links, I'm at work right now. I'm assuming that by FX8, you meant FM8, btw. Also, there are tons of Massive tutorials on youtube, and even guy giving away some presets they made.

I will take that Octane advice, about presets I want to do my very own sounds, not only becuase I want to be original ( that is relative ) also for knowledge reasons, I mean how to work with waves and stuff, that's why I wanted some kind of help with that amazing (in my opinon) oscilated bass that I've posted before.

Last edited:
I will take that Octane advice, about presets I want to do my very own sounds, not only becuase I want to be original ( that is relative ) also for knowledge reasons, I mean how to work with waves and stuff, that's why I wanted some kind of help with that amazing (in my opinon) oscilated bass that I've posted before.

Presets are good though because you can look and them, and see how they did what to make what sound, you know deconstruct them and learn from it.

Yea that's a good point, I have been trying with that "technic" It was very helpful tough but I've ended in front of a big wall that I need to break.

Thank you very much for your help guys.

It took me 5 months to be able to make my first wobble bass, which is in one of my songs. It's pretty basic though, so, try to emulate big artists first, then from there you can create your own sounds.

Well then, I will try to emulate this bass, wish me luck hahahha, thank you very much for your help.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm reading a mastering and EQing manuals, but in the practice it's a little bit harder to put all the song inside the "box" xD.
It make happy to see the support people on this forum give to newbies like me and pro's of course. Keep it rolling !!!

The actual movement isn't going to be a simple LFO movement for this kind of bass. As you can hear, there's varied speed wobbles so he may be using a stepper linked to 2 different speed LFO's (if the sound was created in massive), and the stepper makes the synth switch between the two, but I also think he would have several instances of the synth open, as at some points there are no wobbles, but instead singular hits with pitch bend. This most definitely would have to be done within another instance of the synth, away from the wobbles. Definitely sounds like theres some mild bitcrushing and chorus going on in the FX of that bass sound, along with distortion and possibly some detuning of the oscillators. As for the actual waveforms, I'd hazard a guess at a couple of saw waves. It's the FX chain after the basic waves that give the sound it's character.

Back
Top Bottom