I need help with Computer DVD playback *Please*

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by 1992, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Theres this thing that I want to do with my computer and my current software does not allow this to happen.
    I would like to play a rave graphics DVD on my computers DVD player with the sound on the DVD player turned off. Then run Winamp or Oldskool Tuner (internet radio) with the sound on.
    Unfortunatly the DVD playback program I have (Power Pro) uses the computers main mixer for sound. So when I turn the sound off on the DVD program, all sound comming out of my computer is muted.
    I just got a bunch of nice "Addictive TV / Moonshine" rave graphics DVDs which I would like to enjoy with thier sound turned off. A temporary work around for this problem is to load MP3s that I would like to hear on my Ipod. Then hook the iPod up to my mixer and run the DVDs on my computer with all the PC sound muted. However I still will not be able to n-joi internet radio.
    Does anyone know of any DVD playback programs, free or pay (free prefered) that have a seperate volume control (like winamp)? The player doesn't need a DVD codec, I have one installed already. The codec is usually the bit that companies don't like to give out for free so perhaps what I'm asking for is provided in freeware?
    Any help is appreciated!!!! Very much so!
    :orly:
    YES really! Help is appreciated. I can't make this stuff up.

2. Naib

Naib Member

VLC is all you ever need

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

this will play yr DVD, in fact yet to come across something it doesn't play flawlessly

3. Dephonix

Dephonix Stomp It Up

Yeah VLC is the best, I swear by it. & not very resource hungry either so you dont even know its running :cool: