I NEED HELP MAKING A DNB COMPILATION ALBUM.

B

BC#9

BC⓽ IS THE FOUNDER OF DNB UNITED RECORDS. DNB RECORDS WAS CREATED TO ALLOW THE WORLDWIDE RELEASE OF DNB ARTISTS FROM THE US, UK AND WORLDWIDE. DNB UNITED WAS FORMED IN MARCH 2016. THE FIRST RELEASE IS SCHEDULED FOR THIS SUMMER. ALL DNB ARTISTS SHOULD SUBMIT DEMOS TO BE CONSIDERED VIA MY SOUND CLOUD MESSAGE BOX. ALL INQUIRES WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO STRINGS OR BULLSHIT. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO GET GREATE DNB MUSIC FROM SIGNED AND UNSIGNED ARTIST PROMOTED AND HERD WORLDWIDE. IN THE SPIRIT OF CREATIVE COMMONS . ALL ARTISTS WILL RECIEVE AND EQUAL SPLIT OF THE SALES AND ROYALTYS ALIKE.OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS ARE ON THE WAY. EMAIL US @
dnbbc9@gmail.com. ALL SERIOUS SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME. IM ASKING FOR YOUR HELP. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IS WAS THE TRACKS OF ARTISTS ON THIS FORUM THAT INSPIRED THIS IDEA. IM STILL PUTTING ALL THE FINAL DETAILS TOGETHER, SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND IM ONE MAN. I HAVE A FAMILY AND MY STUFF ON TOP. I LOVE DNB. TWO YEARS AGO I HAD TWO STROKES AND LOST THE USE OF BOTH MY ARMS AND HANDS FOR 6 MONTHS. I DIDNT KNOW IF I COULD EVER PLAY MUSIC AGAIN. IT WAS DNB AND THE COMMUNITY THAT SAVED MY LIFE IN EVERY WAY, NOW IM TRYING TO DO SOMETHING VERY PERSONAL AND HUMBLING THATS BIGGER THAN ME IN EVERYDAY. IF YOU CAN HELP. JUST SAY THE WORD. THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION. THANKS BC9 CREDENTIALS SORRY DNBLINES.COM WEBSITE IS Down SINCE LAST NIGHT. Will be up soon. The rest of the links work fine. I have been in Hospital with my fiancée so I had to copy and paste all this on my phone. Also sorry about the grammar and so forth I had to do voice to text sometimes it's not the best. Furthermore another credential I didn't mention Nik of Amethyst Audio.uk masters all my tracks. He is a member on the forum. I will leave this post up for a few days. Then I have a lot of submissions from others to consider as well as the new website that we are building. Thanks for understanding. Just FYI thank you for understanding that since my stroke using my phone to type sometimes isn't the best caps, grammar etc can be a challenge.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bc-9/id714175899 DRUM AND BASS LINES .COM http://lynxthat.com/564f266542513f52a10007f6 Aquasonica album review http://lynxthat.com/564f266542513f52a10007f6 2014 most reviewed and preview DNB artist on the website. Just search BC#9 on the website for all releases, reviews, credentials and all record label signing announcements . Also My chart ratings as well as be voted no 1 artist last year in Dallas Texas. Juno Records UK http://www.junodownload.com/products/bc-9-aquasonica/2538835-02/ Beatport https://pro.beatport.com/artist/bc-number-9/425301 Beatport top 100 DNB DJ MIXES http://dj.beatport.com/http-dj-beatport-com-profile-402206

MalcomMx - DRUM&BASELINES 2014 was a great year for me as i signed 5 recording contracts. A feature on the release of my full length electronica album Aquasonica was also the number two most read review on drumandbasslines.com. Link to drummandbasslines.com feature on Aquasonica http://www.drumandbasslines.com/ Following the release of Aqusonica was the much anticipated EP Liquid Blue . This release would prove yet again the crossover appeal of DJ BC#9 and his multi faceted approach to blending organic and electronic instruments, giving the audience a unique melodically based, groove-driven sound that keeps widening the overall fan base of the BC#9.”
DJ BLACKWATER - STREET SEEKERS UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! how can we get started?
which of my tracks would you find suitable for your compilation?
see soundcloud or youtube links below ..

Sounds like a good idea, but I have no idea who you are.... Can you post links to your successes? What are your credentials and reputation in the dnb world? What respected, known. and objective critics have rated your music and abilities as a business manager. I want to be on board, but I am weary.

Sounds like a good idea, but I have no idea who you are.... Can you post links to your successes? What are your credentials and reputation in the dnb world? What respected, known. and objective critics have rated your music and abilities as a business manager. I want to be on board, but I am weary.

I thought the goal was not to come off as a bragging American …Follow the links and you’ll find I’m real. This is not something Im begging for. Seriously I just want to release a series DNB compilation. When you have a catalog and reputation as a man of his word providing the goods is easy. Now lets get to the music please.

no worries, nobody thought of you having bad intentions. i still think it is right to ask.
you will want to check the links you provided though, some don't work.
i also like forward thinking .. so please describe your basic idea, how to make it work, and how we can contribute to make it happen. cheers from tokyo ! :cool:

stop copy pasting all that bullshit and answer IV4's questions properly if you want to be taken seriously. they're genuine questions to be fair, as this is making us skeptical. you seem to have caps lock on at the start of your post, there are numerous typo's, you're using soundcloud for submissions and no one's ever heard of you yet you claim all these titles? These are the reasons you have been asked those well deserved questions. by answering them with a copy paste from your original post you're just pushing these great producers further away from your goal

Work on your formatting, grammar and spelling. It's terrible and gives off a seriously unprofessional vibe.

I think you're taking a big step here, and you don't have what it takes to represent the talent of dnbforum producers. Just see at the quality of the tracks of the latest competitions winners. They deserve more than "empty" promises of sucess, recognition and money. They deserve to be represented by someone willing to give his soul to the label. So far, you offered nothing, IMO. Your label don't have a website, don't have a distributor.

How will you take care of promotion?
Will you use social media to promote?
Will you put money into professionaly filmed music videos?
Will you put money for graphics artists for the artwork for the releases?
Will you be willing to spend a load of cash to make the release physical?
What are you short, medium and long range plans for the label?
Do you have a marketing plan for the label, at all?

I think you're taking a big step here, and you don't have what it takes to represent the talent of dnbforum producers. Just see at the quality of the tracks of the latest competitions winners. They deserve more than "empty" promises of sucess, recognition and money. They deserve to be represented by someone willing to give his soul to the label. So far, you offered nothing, IMO. Your label don't have a website, don't have a distributor.

How will you take care of promotion?
Will you use social media to promote?
Will you put money into professionaly filmed music videos?
Will you put money for graphics artists for the artwork for the releases?
Will you be willing to spend a load of cash to make the release physical?
What are you short, medium and long range plans for the label?
Do you have a marketing plan for the label, at all?
Yes to all. Details will be on the website.

Sorry for the short response, I'm at hospital with my fiancé who's having some serious health issues and I'm disabled and I'm trying to work on my iPhone. Since my stroke I'm in physical therapy to get the use of my arms and hands back and sometimes even voice to text is not the best. Yes to all your questions is the short answer. All the details about those questions you asked will be available on the website which is now being constructed. The domain name was purchased, the art department has been formed, global distribution has been secured, copy writing the name/logo and trademark already in process . The rest is on the way. As far as my credentials I am so sorry that they came off unprofessional, truly. Imagine being an established artist such as myself and having all your credentials posted on the respected website drum and bass lines.com and drum and bass lines.com TV. The sites owner, Malcolm Mx, told me last night that the site went down, he apologizes, it will be up just as soon as they can fix it. At that time that link will become live and you will see everything, from my record contract signings to the fact that I was 2014's second most reviewed artist on the site, next to skills and all links to my professional credentials. Furthermore it is not difficult to put out an international compilation when I'm signed currently to two labels in the UK and two labels in the US. You just have a group of artists that sign a nonexclusive contract that all agree to a 50-50 split on all sales in royalties. My questions for the artists that I will consider would be this: Are you willing to meet the criteria of having 10,000 sales last year on your material? Do you have a social media following of 5000 or more? Are you currently signed to a label with national and international distribution? Do you have YouTube and Vimeo accounts? Twitter, Tumbler, Facebook, Sound Cloud accounts? Do you meet the requirements of being in aggregated artist for iTunes globally? Are you currently on Beatport, iTunes, Juno? What promotional costs are you willing to pay to help in the support and sales towards the success of the album? I spent $200 a month on promotion for all my songs on all my labels, on top of what the labels do to ensure my success. Also, if you're not currently signed, if your music is not currently on the largest platforms for digital sales, what do you bring as far as credibility and brand association for consideration to be on this release? In order to be an aggregated artist on iTunes globally you have to meet 15 points of criteria, including having been an artist for over five years, to be considered established, and have a social media following that meets a certain criteria, proof that you sold X amount of units, and the list goes on and on . If you go to my iTunes page you'll see I have a catalog of over 30 units and I've been in the iTunes top 50 more than a dozen times. I was rated the number one artist in Dallas, Texas in 2014 for my album Aquasonica. If you go to my iTunes page you'll see I have a catalog of over 30 units. I have worked, coproduced and released with Martin Grant of So Real Sounds in the UK for over five years now. We've appeared on the BBC In Essex, and debuted songs there several times. I work with artists from Tokyo to Berlin to the UK. I currently have all my work mastered by drum and bass forum member Nik of Amethyst-Audio.uk . I've worked with him on a monthly basis, and pay him accordingly. If you would like to use him as a point of reference as somebody that actually belongs to the forum and has a history of being paid and could speak to my character feel free. Lastly, as I've said previously, I'm not requiring any of those standards that iTunes and others require for artist to be on this album. The reason is because I'm ready to accept both signed and unsigned artists. Those artists who need a chance to be heard and don't have it currently . When I was an unsigned artist and was absolutely unknown I would've done anything to be a part of a release next to more established drum and bass artists, simply for the chance that my music would be heard by an audience that it would not have gotten without that opportunity. I am not a snake oil salesman. I am somebody who has a deep emotional connection to drum and bass and that wants to create a release that includes artists from all over the globe. Without all the sometimes unrealistic requirements that other labels require from new artists and the politics of getting them require. The responsibility for the success of this is not solely mine, in the spirit of creative collaboration, I know that everybody adding their best and everybody working their hardest for the success of the album will be part of how it will succeed.
My intentions are clear. I apologize if there has been any misunderstanding due to the lack of context and limited ability to communicate tone and intention through the written word. I would hope to proceed with communicating about this project with respect and cooperation. There is really no need to make accusations or issue aggressive challenges as to my intentions or legitimacy as a person or as an artist. Thank you in advance for keeping the standard of communication positive and professional. Thanks, BC9

Last edited by a moderator:
Without all the bullshit requirements that other labels and the politics of getting in them require.
You know why Sony, WB and other giants in the music industry are so... giant? Yes, it's what you call "bullshit".

The responsibility of the success of this is not solely mine in the spirit of creative Commons is everybody adding their best and everybody working there hardest for the success of the album. Cheers and thanks
As owner of something that promises other people what they deserve as artist, YOU and only YOU are responsible for this. The artist is responsible of making MUSIC and YOU as label OWNER and CEO is responsible for bringing both the music, artist and label to something big. It's your responsability to say yes to someone and to say no to others. You need to focus on the company and what's good for the company.

And I'm sorry, you credentials mean nothing if you don't have the businessman mind to handle a Record label. You can be an excellent dnb producer in your Dallas-TX area, but your approach to business is lacking right now.

BC⓽ IS THE FOUNDER OF DNB UNITED RECORDS. DNB RECORDS WAS CREATED TO ALLOW THE WORLDWIDE RELEASE OF DNB ARTISTS FROM THE US, UK AND WORLDWIDE. DNB UNITED WAS FORMED IN MARCH 2016. THE FIRST RELEASE IS SCHEDULED FOR THIS SUMMER. ALL DNB ARTISTS SHOULD SUBMIT DEMOS TO BE CONSIDERED VIA MY SOUND CLOUD MESSAGE BOX. ALL INQUIRES WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO STRINGS OR BULLSHIT. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO GET GREATE DNB MUSIC FROM SIGNED AND UNSIGNED ARTIST PROMOTED AND HERD WORLDWIDE. IN THE SPIRIT OF CREATIVE COMMONS . ALL ARTISTS WILL RECIEVE AND EQUAL SPLIT OF THE SALES AND ROYALTYS ALIKE.OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS ARE ON THE WAY. EMAIL US @
dnbbc9@gmail.com. ALL SERIOUS SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME. IM ASKING FOR YOUR HELP. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IS WAS THE TRACKS OF ARTISTS ON THIS FORUM THAT INSPIRED THIS IDEA. IM STILL PUTTING ALL THE FINAL DETAILS TOGETHER, SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND IM ONE MAN. I HAVE A FAMILY AND MY STUFF ON TOP. I LOVE DNB. TWO YEARS AGO I HAD TWO STROKES AND LOST THE USE OF BOTH MY ARMS AND HANDS FOR 6 MONTHS. I DIDNT KNOW IF I COULD EVER PLAY MUSIC AGAIN. IT WAS DNB AND THE COMMUNITY THAT SAVED MY LIFE IN EVERY WAY, NOW IM TRYING TO DO SOMETHING VERY PERSONAL AND HUMBLING THATS BIGGER THAN ME IN EVERYDAY. IF YOU CAN HELP. JUST SAY THE WORD. THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION. THANKS BC9 CREDENTIALS SORRY DNBLINES.COM WEBSITE IS Down SINCE LAST NIGHT. Will be up soon. The rest of the links work fine. I have been in Hospital with my fiancée so I had to copy and paste all this on my phone. Also sorry about the grammar and so forth I had to do voice to text sometimes it's not the best. Furthermore another credential I didn't mention Nik of Amethyst Audio.uk masters all my tracks. He is a member on the forum. I will leave this post up for a few days. Then I have a lot of submissions from others to consider as well as the new website that we are building. Thanks for understanding. Just FYI thank you for understanding that since my stroke using my phone to type sometimes isn't the best caps, grammar etc can be a challenge.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bc-9/id714175899 http://lynxthat.com/564f266542513f52a10007f6 2014 most reviewed and preview DNB artist on the website. Just search BC#9 on the website for all releases, reviews, credentials and all record label signing announcements . Also My chart ratings as well as be voted no 1 artist last year in Dallas Texas. Juno Records UK http://www.junodownload.com/products/bc-9-aquasonica/2538835-02/ Beatport https://pro.beatport.com/artist/bc-number-9/425301 Beatport top 100 DNB DJ MIXES http://dj.beatport.com/http-dj-beatport-com-profile-402206http://www.drumandbasslines.com/2014/08/14/special-feature-bc9-album-review-and-track-details/”
http://www.drumandbasslines.com/2014/08/14/special-feature-bc9-album-review-and-http://www.drumandbasslines.com/2014/08/14/special-feature-bc9-album-review-and-track-details/”
MalcomMx - DRUM&BASELINES 2014 was a great year for me as i signed 5 recording contracts. A feature on the release of my full length electronica album Aquasonica was also the number two most read review on drumandbasslines.com. Link to drummandbasslines.com feature on Aquasonica http://www.drumandbasslines.com/ Following the release of Aqusonica was the much anticipated EP Liquid Blue . This release would prove yet again the crossover appeal of DJ BC#9 and his multi faceted approach to blending organic and electronic instruments, giving the audience a unique melodically based, groove-driven sound that keeps widening the overall fan base of the BC#9.”
DJ BLACKWATER - STREET SEEKERS UK
THE LINKS ARE LIVE !!!

"Sorry for the short response. I'm at hospital with my fiancé who's having some serious health issues and I'm disabled and I'm trying to work on my iPhone. Since my stroke, I'm in physical therapy to get the use of my arms and hands back and sometimes even voice to text is not the best.

Yes to all your questions is the short answer. All the details about those questions you asked will be available on the website which is now being constructed. The domain name was purchased, the art department has been formed, global distribution has been secured, copy-writing the name/logo and trademark already in process. The rest is on the way.

As far as my credentials, I'm sorry that they came off unprofessional, truly. Imagine being an established artist such as myself and having all your credentials posted on the respected website drumandbasslines.com and drumandbasslines.com TV. The site's owner, Malcolm Mx, told me last night that the site went down, he apologizes, it will be up just as soon as they can fix it. At the time that link will become live and you will see everything; from my record contract signings to the fact that I was 2014's second most reviewed artist on the site, next to skills and all links to my professional credentials.

Furthermore, it is not difficult to put out an international compilation when I'm signed currently to two labels in the UK and two labels in the US. You just have a group of artists that sign a non-exclusive contract that all agree to a 50-50 split on all sales in royalties.

My questions for the artists that I will consider would be this:
Are you willing to meet the criteria of having 10,000 sales last year on your material?
Do you have a social media following of 5000 or more?
Are you currently signed to a label with national and international distribution?
Do you have YouTube and Vimeo accounts?
Twitter, Tumbler, Facebook, Sound Cloud accounts?
Do you meet the requirements of being in aggregated artist for iTunes globally?
Are you currently on Beatport, iTunes, Juno?
What promotional costs are you willing to pay to help in the support and sales towards the success of the album?

I spent $200 a month on promotion for all my songs on all my labels, on top of what the labels do to ensure my success. Also, if you're not currently signed, if your music is not currently on the largest platforms for digital sales, what do you bring as far as credibility and brand association for consideration to be on this release? In order to be an aggregated artist on iTunes globally you have to meet 15 points of criteria, including having been an artist for over five years, to be considered established, and have a social media following that meets a certain criteria, proof that you sold X amount of units, and the list goes on and on .

If you go to my iTunes page you'll see I have a catalogue of over 30 units and I've been in the iTunes top 50 more than a dozen times. I was rated the number one artist in Dallas, Texas in 2014 for my album Aquasonica. I have worked, co-produced and released with Martin Grant of So Real Sounds in the UK for over five years now. We've appeared on the BBC In Essex, and debuted songs there several times. I work with artists from Tokyo to Berlin to the UK. I currently have all my work mastered by drum and bass forum member Nik of Amethyst-Audio.uk . I've worked with him on a monthly basis, and pay him accordingly. If you would like to use him as a point of reference as somebody that actually belongs to the forum and has a history of being paid and could speak to my character feel free. Lastly, as I've said previously, I'm not requiring any of those standards that iTunes and others require for artist to be on this album. The reason is because I'm ready to accept both signed and unsigned artists. Those artists who need a chance to be heard and don't have it currently. When I was an unsigned artist and was absolutely unknown I would've done anything to be a part of a release next to more established drum and bass artists, simply for the chance that my music would be heard by an audience that it would not have gotten without that opportunity.

I am not a snake oil salesman. I am somebody who has a deep emotional connection to drum and bass and that wants to create a release that includes artists from all over the globe, without all the sometimes unrealistic requirements that other labels require from new artists and the politics of getting them require. The responsibility for the success of this is not solely mine, in the spirit of creative collaboration, I know that everybody adding their best and everybody working their hardest for the success of the album will be part of how it will succeed.

My intentions are clear. I apologise if there has been any misunderstanding due to the lack of context and limited ability to communicate tone and intention through the written word. I would hope to proceed with communicating about this project with respect and cooperation. There is really no need to make accusations or issue aggressive challenges as to my intentions or legitimacy as a person or as an artist. Thank you in advance for keeping the standard of communication positive and professional. Thanks, BC9
"

Tidied it up for you :) Also removed some Americanisms :p Hope you and your fiancé get well soon and good luck with this project.

Brex .. thx for making BC9's homework. you are a little star! :D
i am wondering .. if you have that much time why did you not react to my post on your profile page this week?
someone mentioned your name for this kind of House DnB and I was eager to get your feedback .. cheerio ! :rolleyes:
https://dnbforum.com/threads/house-n-bass-pls-comment-on-sound-thx.190857/
I've not had time to sit down on my home computer with my speakers to listen to it. I'm not going to give feedback on it when I can only listen to it on tiny little speakers at work :) Also, it's kind of an inside joke that I'm the forum house guy when in reality, I don't listen to house or have any interest in it. I'll still give it a listen when I can though. Hoping to have time this afternoon after work.

to BC9:
don't let yourself down whatever people say .. you are doing the right thing (I suppose) and this is what counts.
I admit there tons of open Qs in your plan and I can see people are weary you ask them to commit financially while you use the project to promote yourself.
if that is not your intention than simply play open cards: sit down, draft a professional and realistic business plan, and then come forward.
if you need someone to go through and help find errors let me know, I've written/reviewed plenty of business plans in my job, would be glad to help.
PS: I'm sure you noticed setting up and promoting a label doesn't happen over night - as with any new business: take a deep breath, it will be a long journey!

Back
Top Bottom