I need an opinion on my MIDI 'handling'

You took down the song or I can't listen to it, but from what I remember. In the 80's synth work was reaching its teen-age years so to speak, they were coming up with great sounds that are still widely used today. However, the processing and the mix of the synth was not as developed...or at least different than today. Believe me Menosance, I struggle with processing as much as the next guy. We all do. If it were easy we would all be famous by now. It is just a slow process.

You took down the song or I can't listen to it, but from what I remember. In the 80's synth work was reaching its teen-age years so to speak, they were coming up with great sounds that are still widely used today. However, the processing and the mix of the synth was not as developed...or at least different than today. Believe me Menosance, I struggle with processing as much as the next guy. We all do. If it were easy we would all be famous by now. It is just a slow process.

The link is still available mate. Hmm I understand. The distortion does sound old but I can't find any good free distortion plugins. Camel Crusher for some reason doesn't want to show up in VST (I am running x64 Live 9) so I am left only with Ableton's native effects and Trash 2 which removes the analogue-ness of the sound. This was the first time I used a MIDI pad controller (Akai LPD8) so I knew the results would not be that great. I am happy with it but not that much at the same time. Thanks for the help mate :)

i dont know about that i think its plenty analog, was the sample analog to begin with? the midi handling, what is that, is it what the song sounds like, in genral? the arrangement and repetition and melody and so forth, ok, i agree with IV4 its pretty novice, but on the bright side i like the 80s sounding synths. it would of course be more better if that was intentional. try and recreate total science "face riders", see if that wont help you resolve some knots in that creative process

i dont know about that i think its plenty analog, was the sample analog to begin with? the midi handling, what is that, is it what the song sounds like, in genral? the arrangement and repetition and melody and so forth, ok, i agree with IV4 its pretty novice, but on the bright side i like the 80s sounding synths. it would of course be more better if that was intentional. try and recreate total science "face riders", see if that wont help you resolve some knots in that creative process

Thanks Logikz. What I meant by Midi handling is the way that bassline goes from being dark to quite distorted. I was trying to give the movement a natural feel rather than 'robotic' (that is, being made by clicking on the parameters rather than recording the movements via a controller). The bassline comes from Loopmasters - Ital Tek presents Sub Basses and it does sound analog on its own. About the 80's thing maybe I have understood both of you wrong, but there isn't anything intentional to sounds 80's. Vibe-wise maybe, but nothing was that intentional. Still thanks for checking it out mate :)

Back
Top Bottom