I need an advice :)

Slina

Ok I'm beginner in producing dubstep and dnb and for now I'm just using Fl Studio 9, Cool Edit and Virtual Dj for that kind of stuff.
And now I want to buy some mixer or MIDI, but I need an advice...
I'm not good with money so I need something cheap and in my country (Croatia) those kind of stuffs are very expensive. I can spent about 200 - 300 dollars.
I'm more producer than dj, but I have a feeling that you can't produce something ''cool'' without a good mixer...
So I'm asking you is it better to buy something like this:

Behringer Pro Mixer DX626 (but I don't have money for players so I don't know can I use this only with notepad and virtual dj) 200 dollars
sosfiq.jpg

Hercules DJ Control mp3 - 250 dollars
4lypy.jpg

Or maybe the best thing for me is some MIDI :)

Thanks for advice :D

In the old days everything used to go through a hardware mixer on the production side. With software now, you dont need that. Its more tactile, but unecessary. Besides, the mixer youve posted is a DJ mixer, not a production mixer. Also, how would you get the sound from your PC to the mixer?

In other words, get the midi controller for virtual DJ.

I'm agreeing with both the above posts. You really don't need a mixer - especially a DJ mixer - for production. If I was in your shoes I'd invest that money into a basic midi keyboard to improve your workflow, monitors to hear your mixes more accurately and a proper audio interface.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom