I made a house

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by chz, Apr 19, 2014.

1. chz

chz Member

thought id have a shufty at a different genre, so i thought house xD. Someone i know who produces and dj's house music said it was "Progressive House" , but in all honestly i know fuck all about house, what do you think ? :p

2. Solace

Solace Active Member

I'm not that familiar with house, so take everything I say with a spoon of salt :p
    i like it! everything seems to sit nicely, i cant really say something to annoys me or that i hear that doesnt sound well...
    But I did expect something different around 2.18. The break that fits perfect, but after that, i expect something different, something a bit more bass heavy. That is just my opinion, it sounds very nice the way it is!

3. chz

chz Member

Haha cheers man! Glad you like it. I know what you mean, it gets a bit samey, i guess i ran out of ideas :eek:

4. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

I'm guessing progressive just means doing your own thing and not being very influenced by existing producers.
    I also quite like the track, but I'm not familiar with the genre either.
    House does often seem to get a bit samey. I guess you could call it 'minimal' and that would make it ok.
    I agree that it could probably use a bit more sub. Also, I find house benefits a lot from hi hats/shakers on the offbeat, and then more layers of hats and shakers on top: two or even three layers total, all doing different things.

5. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Haha exact opposite as it turns out. check out the beatport prog house charts and you'll see what i mean.

Tunes alright, good job. The chord progression doesnt feel that engaging, and the reese thing sounds a bit slow and lazy. I'd say lsten to more house tunes and figure out how they make tunes more interesting.