I like it

dont like it
there are some cool sounds in there but overall id rather put razor blade under my foreskin and fist myself than listen to it

also the fact he himself thinks it is dubstep is worrying

I got to give the guy credit on how much I like the drum and bass part. I think he is a great producer but for personal taste I usually find his tracks annoy me. He did a drum and bass track before I thought sucked.

dont like it
there are some cool sounds in there but overall id rather put razor blade under my foreskin and fist myself than listen to it

also the fact he himself thinks it is dubstep is worrying
The end of the track drops into annoying dub step tempo switch. And yes the dubstep part is where I think the bass turns to shit.

the end of the tune isnt dubstep tho its the same tempo as the dnb part just half time beat
if he doesnt understand that its not dubstep he is a tit

but to be honest any of his "dubstep" tunes arent really what id consider dubstep anyway they are just shit mid range noises with a beat

dubstep is 140 bpm with half time beats
this is at least 170

And there we go again, the fight between genres. Can't we just like or dislike without getting to this genre thing? Obviously Skrillex is a good producer, pumping out good tracks. Maybe not your taste, but at that point it can still be good production-wise. You don't hear me saying "enter random female soprano singer name" makes shit high pitched vocals, just because I don't like it. I don't have to like something to say it's still good music.

I do like Skrillex, although I do dislike a couple of tracks from him, like I don't really like the softer version of this track. But still the production on that version is still good.

And there we go again, the fight between genres. Can't we just like or dislike without getting to this genre thing? Obviously Skrillex is a good producer, pumping out good tracks. Maybe not your taste, but at that point it can still be good production-wise. You don't hear me saying "enter random female soprano singer name" makes shit high pitched vocals, just because I don't like it. I don't have to like something to say it's still good music.

I do like Skrillex, although I do dislike a couple of tracks from him, like I don't really like the softer version of this track. But still the production on that version is still good.

^ this 100%

I think that is just it artfx. He IS a good producer, not exactly who I would hoped made the masses jump. But he is the guy who did it. In America electronic music gets no respect. Skillex on the other hand comes out and wins three grammys in no time at all, after inventing his own sound(witch the likes of pendulem copy{Kinfe Party Centipede}), completely humble about it, and is very sucesful.
Marlok believe it or not I am a bigger fan of your music than Skillex. But it is just taste/opinion. I find more of a raw edge and real emotion in your cheesey music that I do skillex.
I also want to point out, sense I put this in the producers section. If any one here put out a song this good, here! Would we not all say," it was a well produced track? " There are many more annoying producers than skillex. There many better producers than skillex. The thing I don't get is at what point in time do you become so well established that you suck on creativity alone? Not just skillex but we have all recently seen many of our favorite producers jump the shark. Let them it only makes room for the rest of us. I know what I like, and I stand by what I like. No matter who makes it.

Back
Top Bottom