I know this isn't a help forum but...

Innovatee

I'm having trouble connecting soulseek to work at all. The program opens up fine, but when I try and connect I get a message saying "Cannot connect to server. If your internet connection is up, the server might be temporaily down. Please try again later" I get this message every time I try, since the first day I downlaod soulseek (about a week ago)

Any help will be appreciated.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Innovatee said:
I'm having trouble connecting soulseek to work at all. The program opens up fine, but when I try and connect I get a message saying "Cannot connect to server. If your internet connection is up, the server might be temporaily down. Please try again later" I get this message every time I try, since the first day I downlaod soulseek (about a week ago)

Any help will be appreciated.
Have you got the latest version? www.slsk.org

Are you running a personal firewall? Or are you using a university/college Internet connection?

Affliction

thought size didnt matter
VIP Junglist
sdm said:
Have you got the latest version? www.slsk.org
steer well fucking clear of that website!! i dunno wtf is going on, but those pages will download a dialer onto your PC, and you have to dial a number at £1.50 a minute to connect to soulseek (so it claims).... i have a feeling this is NOT a website by the author of soulseek, but rather some leecher who hijacked the domain.

You can still connect to soulseek (for free), but you need the DNS fix version (149fix.exe).. you can find a direct link to it by searching these very forums