I know I've heard this chord progression before?

I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way, you need to slow down fella. Over the last few days you've flooded the board with numerous "How do I do this / what is this" threads. You've had answers in pretty much all of them, but have you really taken the time to take it all in and understand everything? You're not gonna be the next big producer overnight, that shit takes years of dedication and hard work. You need to fine tune your skills one step at a time, and be patient in doing so. Right now I can only imagine you're asking so many questions and confusing yourself with all the different techniques.

Take it easy, it will all fall into place in the end, just chill out a bit.

Wasn't the bit i meant but we'll move past that.

I think it's I V vi IV and you've heard it fucking everywhere.

Or maybe I vi IV V, I'm too faded right now to check.

Last edited:
Wasn't the bit i meant but we'll move past that.

I think it's I V vi IV and you've heard it fucking everywhere.

Or maybe I vi IV V, I'm too faded right now to check.

Mate, go and learn a little music theory, and you will start to be able to hear the chords, like Muttley did. Learn about how chords can be written in any key in the form of numbers, like the roman numerals Muttley gave you. Those chords are in so many songs and tunes in so many styles. Once you are armed with some chord progressions, you can start to create in any key you want. Figure out you major and minor, and how they affect your songs. Once you see that the chords mirror the notes in the scale you should start to feel it some more also.

You can use your ears as well, but a little musical theory hurt nobody, and is helpful if you want to analyse stuff better.

Some people have great musical careers without any theory in their lives, they just get it naturally, it's pretty obvious you dont, so a little bit of time spent looking into this will definately help you, and stop you driving people mad when asking if this is a progression you have heard before when it is one of the most common ones out there.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom