I keep getting paid in error, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by GeeLeb, Jul 12, 2012.

1. GeeLeb

GeeLeb Member

Right basically, i took out a wonga loan about a year or so ago, they give u £20 for referring a friend.

I put a code up on the net ages ago.

Now in the last 14 days ive recieved over £500 into my account from £20 payments, and its getting more regular.

WTF do i do ? What would you do?

One part of me is thinking they will catch up with me eventually, the other is saying fuck em, its not my fault - its theirs.

Discuss.....

2. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Leave the country

3. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Tell noone. We know, that's already too many people.

I think in cases where you get unexpected money it's actually your responsibility not to immediately spend it all on a massive bong and a load of big macs.

4. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

check small print. they may be planning to rape you.

5. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

Take all the extra money and put it to one side. Give it 6 months or so and if you haven't heard anything then spend it.

I got a load of extra payment from work once and being young and care free i pissed it all up the wall, unfortunately they then asked for it back....

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

when they discover this they will offer u one of their loans at 2784% apr to pay it all back

7. Catsel

i noticed that.. uk pay day.com or w/e

1700% apr?! who the fuck would pay that

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

jack off

9. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

APR is an annual percentage rate. If you took out a £50 loan, and was stupid enough to pay it back to them over 12 months...then yea you would be knocked sideways.

But the interest rates for these things increases either day-by-day or week-by-week, depending on the co and how much you've borrowed etc...

So if you borrowed say £200 and paid it back within 1-2 weeks, it'll probably work out at 1-2% interest...if that. Got mates that use these things all the time, never a problem

10. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

I don't know about wonga mate but when Natwest put a payment of £400 into my account twice by accident I just withdrew it all. ~They sent me a letter sayin can you pay it back it was made in error etc. I just ignored it and they couldn't do fuck all.

Having said that Wonga is a different kettle of fish mate, they are lenders, they are giving you money, you need to find out why they are giving it to you. They can never go into your account and get it back off you so your safe to ask questions. Find out if it is in error, if it is, then hang up the phone and spend away my friend. If it's something else you don't want to get fucked by them cos they come down on you hard these short term loans people.

11. Catsel

i didn't know you could pay it back within days or weeks.. crazy new schemes.

12. GeeLeb

GeeLeb Member

Yeh it works out at fuck all, ANNUAL Interest rate is 1000s of percent. But like someone said its a short term loan. Can borrow £100 or so for a week for like £6-£7 or so. They get a lot of bad press, but its the twats that use it that are the problem.

I think ill give em a call. I could really do with some money to pay off my holiday :D I dont understand how such a big mistake can be made, surely they realise they are paying me like 3 times a day! Prehaps il withdraw it and put it all on Red on roulette ?

13. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Call them and you end up having to pay them, somehow. It's inevitable; trying walking the path of the righteous man you end up having to walk the path of the righteous man.

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i use it all the time... a credit card would make more sense as it has even lower interest... but if i need to borrow a ton to see em to the end of the month, im happy to pay 5-10 to be able to do so.

15. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Put the money coming from them under your bed. If the flow stops, delete your account and get a new one elsewhere.

16. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Ring up anonymously and query your scenario on the basis of a "general enquiry", do not spend said money until you're sure you will not be raped.

Job done.

17. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

Once the moneys in your account nobody can take it out. Only if you think you might still be in some loan agreement should you queiry. Bar that, buy me a present or ill ring up and tell them!

18. GeeLeb

GeeLeb Member

Not sure how I can ring anonymously and do it really. I think they would clock on rather quickly and have a check to see whos being paid what.

Its definently money from a "referral" as I get an email from them everytime saying "thanks for referring a friend bla bla bla"

I get about 3 a day now.

I kind of wish it would just stop ! The more that goes in , the harder it is to keep quiet about it.

19. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Spend it all on cheese wheels and send Wonga a fruit basket to show your appreciation. Wonga love fruit baskets.

20. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Geez, don´t shit your pants! :D