I just bought logic!

Ok 2 points. You say "all the pros know Apple is no longer interested in that business" Who are these pros? there are thousands of them over the world and Im pretty sure not all would have that sentiment. Why would they have bailed out Camel Audio and integrated Alchemy into Logic if not interested?

Apple have always been small compared to the PC Windows market. Studios and home producers took to their products for what ever reason. PCs became much much cheaper, software was readily available pirated. As time has gone on, for the young producer on a budget looking to get into production the most likely thing would be to use the parents PC running a load of cracked plugins. Whats more readily available? FL and Live. So what happens when they have enough money to buy their own computer? They get FL and Live or possibly Cubase. So automatically numbers of other Daws will be higher. Those are the numbers there. Its just how the eco system works. if they happen to have a lot of extra money they will buy a Mac with maybe a thought of buying Live but then see the price of Logic and buy that.
The "Pros" to my knowledge have almost always relied on Pro Tools, that was the standard and still is to my knowledge.

You are totally right here, and tbh honest I was surprised by Alchemy's acquisition, but about the audio apple team reduced to the minimum terms you can found various articles online, about the dropping of the pro market by apple is pretty obvious : losing final cut users, loding logic users, new apple's laptop not suited for djing, new apple pro not suited for pro audio.. in fact most studios running pro tools are sticking as long as possible with their old grey mac pro or getting an hackintosh.

And it is totally understandable they make big money with iphones and ipads not with logic, for all other daws producer is totally different.

Yes there is a reason my main Daw is Live, I found Live to be very good to be creative. There are many things I find i miss from Logic. The plugins. Apple is learning from Ableton, hence the way it looks etc. You have to remember that the main 3 Daws Cubase, Logic and Pro Tools have not strayed far too much from their origins. Live was written without those constraints hence the way the workflow is a hit with session and arrange. You now have Bitwig as well.
The big problem for a dedicated user base that stretches years is change, people do not like it. With Live they could do whatever as it was a new platform.

Man to summarize imo : Logic 9 was the best daw for making electronic music when it was released, with Logic X they have lost the throne and I don't think they care too much

I agree with you about the workflow and that is exactly the point about efficiency : if you record live instruments you wouldn't go for FL, if you have a lot of analog synths probably ableton is your best choice and so on
Yeah, and still on point: I have no problems recording live stuff with FL. And I know people who don't have problems recording stuff with Pro Tools, or Reason, hell, even Audacity. I'm not being silly, my man, I'm just poiting out that it isn't up to the software, but the producer.

You are totally right here, and tbh honest I was surprised by Alchemy's acquisition, but about the audio apple team reduced to the minimum terms you can found various articles online, about the dropping of the pro market by apple is pretty obvious : losing final cut users, loding logic users, new apple's laptop not suited for djing, new apple pro not suited for pro audio.. in fact most studios running pro tools are sticking as long as possible with their old grey mac pro or getting an hackintosh.

And it is totally understandable they make big money with iphones and ipads not with logic, for all other daws producer is totally different.

Here is where I stopped taking you seriously. Discussion done...

Yeah, and still on point: I have no problems recording live stuff with FL. And I know people who don't have problems recording stuff with Pro Tools, or Reason, hell, even Audacity. I'm not being silly, my man, I'm just poiting out that it isn't up to the software, but the producer.

Not really, and you are just saying the same thing over without even considering the term efficiency...I am done, good luck recording bands with FL or audacity lol

Not really, and you are just saying the same thing over without even considering the term efficiency...I am done, good luck recording bands with FL or audacity lol
No, you're trying to shove down my throat what you believe to be true and you can't stand to have a good conversation with someone who thinks differently.
Anyways, man. Do what you please. And good luck in your endeavours.

Hackintosh in a studio?

Logic 9 best daw for making electronic music?

lol o_O

its fine to have an opinion on what DAW works best for your work flow, but making statements of fact, that arnt actually fact, doesn't lead a discussion in any sensible direction

Hackintosh in a studio?

lol o_O

its fine to have an opinion on what DAW works best for your work flow, but making statements of fact, that arnt actually fact, doesn't lead a discussion in any sensible direction

The "about the dropping of the pro market by apple is pretty obvious : losing final cut users, loding logic users, new apple's laptop not suited for djing, new apple pro not suited for pro audio" line i had to leave the debate.

Last edited:
Hackintosh in a studio?

lol o_O

yes hackintosh in studios, want some pics ? I've said Logic imo was the best dw for electronic music WHEN IT WAS RELEASED imo, you haven't even read the posts and you are here for a fight...but safe man no worries I am out , have fun and good luck with your productions :)

Last edited:
The "about the dropping of the pro market by apple is pretty obvious : losing final cut users, loding logic users, new apple's laptop not suited for djing, new apple pro not suited for pro audio" line i had to leave the debate.

no actually you replied and then deleted the reply..

yes hackintosh in studios, want some pics ? I've said Logic imo was the best dw for electronic music WHEN IT WAS RELEASED imo, you haven't even read the posts and you are here for a fight...but safe man no worries I am out , have fun and good luck with your productions :)

yeah go on then, pics of hackintosh in studios, but i dont want to see pictures of peoples bedrooms... the idea that anyone would waste resources on a crippled operating system is beyond me, when you max out 4Ghz quadcores on a regular basis with massive projects, it just doesn't make any sense to waste a huge chunk on an OS that Apple has deliberately made to run badly on anything other than very specific hardware.

tbh I don't want to fight with you, but you do seem to have a bit of an attitude in just the few posts you have made, and you'll find out pretty quickly that people wont put up with it on here. so either have an interesting discussion and enjoy the forum as many of us do, or just be argumentative and find your time on here is short and pointless.

yeah go on then, pics of hackintosh in studios, but i dont want to see pictures of peoples bedrooms... the idea that anyone would waste resources on a crippled operating system is beyond me, when you max out 4Ghz quadcores on a regular basis with massive projects, it just doesn't make any sense to waste a huge chunk on an OS that Apple has deliberately made to run badly on anything other than very specific hardware.

tbh I don't want to fight with you, but you do seem to have a bit of an attitude in just the few posts you have made, and you'll find out pretty quickly that people wont put up with it on here. so either have an interesting discussion and enjoy the forum as many of us do, or just be argumentative and find your time on here is short and pointless.

waste of chunk ? you can get basically the same hardware for half the price.. check one of the few hackintosh builders I know page https://www.facebook.com/dawprohackintosh/?fref=ts some pics of studios in there as well, you can check the specs of the computers and you will see that they can run even el capitan and they are a great options nowadays if you have tu stick to mac os.. tbh yes I do have an attitude, but your comments were pretty harsh too, weren't they ? ? So let's chill out man my bad, just do not assume everybody else but you is a bedroom producer.

Logic Pro X is awesome. I don't know how 9 was like, but coming from Reason/FL, I can't figure out what there is that makes people dislike X. Buying Logic has been pretty much the only financial decision related to music production that I don't regret a bit. I would rather give back my monitors because I don't really use them that much, or my AKG-cans because I could have bought better ones in the first place. But if somebody would approach me with 170€ in his hand and would tell me to abandon Logic and go back to Reason or FL, I'd tell him to fuck off.

Man to summarize imo : Logic 9 was the best daw for making electronic music when it was released, with Logic X they have lost the throne and I don't think they care too much

That argument is full of shit... Logic X has EVERYTHING Logic 9 had, plus old bug fixes and new plug ins and instruments!!! So why the hell would Logic 9 be better?

That argument is full of shit... Logic X has EVERYTHING Logic 9 had, plus old bug fixes and new plug ins and instruments!!! So why the hell would Logic 9 be better?
I keep seeing this kind of posts about FL11, even with 12 been released months ago. Maybe there's something with an eye-patch rum-drinking foul-mouth kind of thing involved.

Back
Top Bottom