I just bought logic!

Two more besides this one... So, yep!

ok Icicle switched then, DLR didn't as you can see from a 17th November video, still quite a few is pretty generous..shall I make a list of d&b producers using live, cubase, logic 9 or fl ? So again before laughing check the numbers

I have been using Reason so logic is an Amazing step up. Also, Logic x.2 has even more capabilities than 9. You just need to switch it to Advanced, so it's less like garage band.

I still use Reason even after trying Logic. If money wasn't the issue, I'd use both. I do think the stock plugins like distortion plugins (love the clip distortion), ensemble, ... are way superior than Reason's, which deserve a well-needed upgrade. Enjoy exploring Logic!

FL is an mazing DAW for elecronic production.. and don't get me wrong I am not saying you always get for what you pay, but a company that drops the price of a software by 750 euros means something imo..

You make the software more accessible to as many people as you can with the lower price point. Slows down piracy to an extent. You end up getting more users of your software in the end. That price was an outdated business model.

ok Icicle switched then, DLR didn't as you can see from a 17th November video, still quite a few is pretty generous..shall I make a list of d&b producers using live, cubase, logic 9 or fl ? So again before laughing check the numbers

Those dates are just the time the video was posted surely, they could have been filmed ages ago tbf

Why does it matter if a well know artist is using Logic 9 or Logic X? I know plenty of producers who swear by Logic X since they switched. IMO a daw shouldn't be measured by what artist endorses it but by what suits your workflow. It seems to me you like rubbishing Logic X because "pro" studios will not switch over or because so called dnb artists are using the older version. There are plenty of producers out there who use whatever they can afford and get there hands on who make good music, Logic X opens up a lot of possibilities to people who wouldnt have had the money to afford £700 production suite. Just because its not being used by X Y and Z production studios does not mean its any less better than another daw out there. Its a very elitist view to have.
Also surely the numbers for Ableton are a lot more as people use that for DJ sets, therefore opening up another demographic and another whole new user base? Also the fact Ableton Live is both run on PC and Mac makes that user base bigger. PCs still outweigh mac user ship my a mile.

Why does it matter if a well know artist is using Logic 9 or Logic X? I know plenty of producers who swear by Logic X since they switched. IMO a daw shouldn't be measured by what artist endorses it but by what suits your workflow. It seems to me you like rubbishing Logic X because "pro" studios will not switch over or because so called dnb artists are using the older version. There are plenty of producers out there who use whatever they can afford and get there hands on who make good music, Logic X opens up a lot of possibilities to people who wouldnt have had the money to afford £700 production suite. Just because its not being used by X Y and Z production studios does not mean its any less better than another daw out there. Its a very elitist view to have.
Also surely the numbers for Ableton are a lot more as people use that for DJ sets, therefore opening up another demographic and another whole new user base? Also the fact Ableton Live is both run on PC and Mac makes that user base bigger. PCs still outweigh mac user ship my a mile.

rubbishing ? Logic lost a lot of users from 9 to x, apple took like 6 years to upgrade logic 9 cos their dedicated team was severely reduced...these are the facts man and all the pros know apple is no longer interested in that business.. and again about top daw I mean the ones with the biggest user base, these are the numbers... nobody said Logic X is a bad daw at all ;)

Last edited:
Those dates are just the time the video was posted surely, they could have been filmed ages ago tbf

yes but DLR said in many interviews that he switchs between daws, from what I recall Logic 9, X, Studio One and Live.. then tbh the Icicle masterclass is shot at dubspot so for what we know he could be still running Logic 9 at his place

I quote myself :

The common question : which daw should I go for ?

The answer is not they are all the same, the answer is you can do most of the things with most of them, then some daw are simply more effiient in doing some of the more advanced operations.

Have I said that one is better than another ?

I quote myself :

The common question : which daw should I go for ?

The answer is not they are all the same, the answer is you can do most of the things with most of them, then some daw are simply more effiient in doing some of the more advanced operations.

Have I said that one is better than another ?
I kindly disagree. The answer to that question is: They can achieve exactly the same results and no one is better than the other, considering only the software. And that's why eveyone I see asking this question, I say to them: "download the demos and see the one that suit your workflow.". Basically this means: if you think Ableton suits your workflow, it means that it's a great daw TO YOU. But not for me, for example. It doesn't mean Ableton is better than FL, or Reason, or any other daw out there.

And, finishing by quoting yourself:
The bold text says it all: "some are better than others".

rubbishing ? lol Logic lost a lot of users from 9 to x, apple took 6 years to upgrade logic 9 cos their dedicated team was severely reduced...these are the facts man and all the pros know apple is no longer interested in that business.. and again about top daw I mean the ones with the biggest user base, these are the numbers... nobody said Logic X is a bad daw, don't be mad just becaus is the one you use ;)

Don't make assumptions, quite the contrary in actual fact. I switch between Live 9 , Cubase and Logic. I was a Certified in Logic 6 and 7. I use Logic X every now and then but my main Daw is Live. I just get fed up with the arrogant views. Pros this and Pros that. What makes some one a pro? It took Apple 4 years to update Logic X.

I kindly disagree. The answer to that question is: They can achieve exactly the same results and no one is better than the other, considering only the software. And that's why eveyone I see asking this question, I say to them: "download the demos and see the one that suit your workflow.". Basically this means: if you think Ableton suits your workflow, it means that it's a great daw TO YOU. But not for me, for example. It doesn't mean Ableton is better than FL, or Reason, or any other daw out there.

And, finishing by quoting yourself: The bold text says it all: "some are better than others".

no man it says more efficient in doing some of the more advanced operations.. that's a lot different, cmon don't be silly

Don't make assumptions, quite the contrary in actual fact. I switch between Live 9 , Cubase and Logic. I was a Certified in Logic 6 and 7. I use Logic X every now and then but my main Daw is Live. I just get fed up with the arrogant views. Pros this and Pros that. What makes some one a pro? It took Apple 4 years to update Logic X.

4 years it's still a lot of time, a pro is someone who makes a living out of a daw, if your main daw is Live there is a reason, right ? :) Oh and big ups about the certifications very useful to know

4 years it's still a lot of time, a pro is someone who makes a living out of a daw, if your main daw is Live there is a reason, right ? :) Oh and big ups about the certifications very useful to know

And, finishing by quoting yourself: The bold text says it all: "some are better than others".

I agree with you about the workflow and that is exactly the point about efficiency : if you record live instruments you wouldn't go for FL, if you have a lot of analog synths probably ableton is your best choice and so on

rubbishing ? Logic lost a lot of users from 9 to x, apple took like 6 years to upgrade logic 9 cos their dedicated team was severely reduced...these are the facts man and all the pros know apple is no longer interested in that business.. and again about top daw I mean the ones with the biggest user base, these are the numbers... nobody said Logic X is a bad daw at all ;)

Ok 2 points. You say "all the pros know Apple is no longer interested in that business" Who are these pros? there are thousands of them over the world and Im pretty sure not all would have that sentiment. Why would they have bailed out Camel Audio and integrated Alchemy into Logic if not interested?

Apple have always been small compared to the PC Windows market. Studios and home producers took to their products for what ever reason. PCs became much much cheaper, software was readily available pirated. As time has gone on, for the young producer on a budget looking to get into production the most likely thing would be to use the parents PC running a load of cracked plugins. Whats more readily available? FL and Live. So what happens when they have enough money to buy their own computer? They get FL and Live or possibly Cubase. So automatically numbers of other Daws will be higher. Those are the numbers there. Its just how the eco system works. if they happen to have a lot of extra money they will buy a Mac with maybe a thought of buying Live but then see the price of Logic and buy that.
The "Pros" to my knowledge have almost always relied on Pro Tools, that was the standard and still is to my knowledge.

Yes there is a reason my main Daw is Live, I found Live to be very good to be creative. There are many things I find i miss from Logic. The plugins. Apple is learning from Ableton, hence the way it looks etc. You have to remember that the main 3 Daws Cubase, Logic and Pro Tools have not strayed far too much from their origins. Live was written without those constraints hence the way the workflow is a hit with session and arrange. You now have Bitwig as well.
The big problem for a dedicated user base that stretches years is change, people do not like it. With Live they could do whatever as it was a new platform.

Back
Top Bottom