I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMENTARY

Dj_Fozzybear

Greenpiece Records
VIP Junglist
PORTSMOUTH DRUM AND BASS DOCUMENTARY STARTING THIS WEEK!!!!! :)

Hello all,
Firstly sorry for the delay..........

RIGHT THIS THING IS STARTING THIS WEEK!!!
I am filming the Battle Arena on Thursday night at EQ, Pompey (gonna be fucked for work Friday!!!) and Rinsed on Friday at the Sidewalk Club, Gosport.
If any other people have events blasting off in the future let me know if you want me to film ya!!!!
Also i will be wanting interviews from people as well i iwll be in touch about them as and when.
Should be a good project for all involved.....
:rslayer:

Last edited:
Re: I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMEN

I think it's a good idea...Could make a good (multimedia) DVD, with some audio and stuff.

Nick Savage who used to be a Breakneck regular was videoing at Breakneck for years for a documentary, before deciding to study law and fookin off...So there's loads of footage there...

And there's the Breakneck photo archive of nearly every event.

I found the link to the 1xtra one...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/events/xtrabass/gallery/monday/1.shtml

I studied film, and am well into cultural documentaries and would like to be involved...

Re: I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMEN

I think it's a good idea...Could make a good (multimedia) DVD, with some audio and stuff.

Nick Savage who used to be a Breakneck regular was videoing at Breakneck for years for a documentary, before deciding to study law and fookin off...So there's loads of footage there...

And there's the Breakneck photo archive of nearly every event.

I found the link to the 1xtra one...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/events/xtrabass/gallery/monday/1.shtml

I studied film, and am well into cultural documentaries and would like to be involved...

Wicked Mr Dan!!!
Sounds good to me, obviously this is a mere germ of an idea but hopefully it will become an epidemic!!!!
Yeah thats a good idea about the multimedia thing.
Could have a photo archive, local producers songs, anything really to be honest, i thought it would be good to bring everyone together (aaaaah, :grouphug: )
Also, the soundtrack for the documentary should be all unsigned local producers as well for promotion and coverage (and also so we can distribute the DVD without copyright constraint ;) )
Good to hear ya on board bruv!!!

good idea! might help to make it bigger and better :)

nice idea :D

Thank you for the positive response guys (some of you hehehe) I will start getting some stuff together in terms of a plan i.e. interviews with who? filming when etc?
I will get back to you all when i know and if any of you know anyone who should be involved can you let them know and pass on my contact details so they can let me know.
I want proper interviews, footage from all the events, footage at peoples studios with them producing and any other things people can think of.
NICE ONE PEOPLE!!!
:rowley:

I'm with the others, Portsmouth dnb scene isn't exactly mass-hoof. You'll have very little scope for originality after the first couple of promotions. There isn't great diversity down there is there?

Those who dare step outside of the Box, get burnt. Even with particularly heavy line ups.

I'd say its worthwhile scoping a few genres.

Top of my head.

Dnb - Breakneck etcc

Electro house - Punchfunk

Techno & Beyond Mr Matty 'Fruit Machine' Handy.

Whack it all together in a study of Portsmouth dance music scene.

?

it will only be good if im in it. and im not in portsmouth. thus you will come to amsterdam. to film me, speaking the truth. and i dont answer the phone for anybody so good luck. if you need me ill be in peru.

it will only be good if im in it. and im not in portsmouth. thus you will come to amsterdam. to film me, speaking the truth. and i dont answer the phone for anybody so good luck. if you need me ill be in peru.

ok tell you what you pay for my flight, hotel and some Sweet Tooth from Barney's and we are in business......:teeth:

Oh and while ya in Peru i want one o those dodgy Alpacca hats witht the tassle on the top.......
:rofl:

I'm with the others, Portsmouth dnb scene isn't exactly mass-hoof. You'll have very little scope for originality after the first couple of promotions. There isn't great diversity down there is there?

Those who dare step outside of the Box, get burnt. Even with particularly heavy line ups.

I'd say its worthwhile scoping a few genres.

Top of my head.

Dnb - Breakneck etcc

Electro house - Punchfunk

Techno & Beyond Mr Matty 'Fruit Machine' Handy.

Whack it all together in a study of Portsmouth dance music scene.

?

well is it not a dnb documentry tho thats the thing the pisses me off yeh thers allways dnb going on in pompey alomost 2 /3 a month but its the fact most people dont really no about them .most people that go to dnb events in pompey proberbly aint even from here the locals are more contact/ball of cheese music .i think this is what are smaller dnb nights need is a boost from a project like this forget about the music scene in a hole what have other genres of music ever really done for dnb in pompey !doggy dog!

well is it not a dnb documentry tho thats the thing the pisses me off yeh thers allways dnb going on in pompey alomost 2 /3 a month but its the fact most people dont really no about them .most people that go to dnb events in pompey proberbly aint even from here the locals are more contact/ball of cheese music .i think this is what are smaller dnb nights need is a boost from a project like this forget about the music scene in a hole what have other genres of music ever really done for dnb in pompey !doggy dog!

haha yes fuck em! mwuhahahahahahahah
maybe part of the doc could be going to other genre type nights and asking them what they think of dnb and whether they would go to any nights?

maybe people that do wanna go to nights just can not afford em! it is pompey after all :alchy:

well is it not a dnb documentry tho thats the thing the pisses me off yeh thers allways dnb going on in pompey alomost 2 /3 a month but its the fact most people dont really no about them

So thats one of two things then, actually its loads more. But lets keep it simple.

Providing what the market wants.

Making sure the market knows about it.

Personally, theres a few heads in Portsmouth, most of them frequent this board. Other than that, your paying punters who regularly turn up to well attended events like Breakneck think in the box, and want stereotypical big name line ups. They love it. They pay the money, they have the glowsticks.

If you go outside this box, get movement down, take it real techy, go liquid, the chances are your'll get burnt. There isn't the diversity in the Portsmouth dnb raver to be able to sustain such events given the finanical costs. Unless you are happy operating at a loss. Many can't, but most dnb promoters will be more than happy to break even.

.most people that go to dnb events in pompey proberbly aint even from here the locals are more contact/ball of cheese music .i think this is what are smaller dnb nights need is a boost from a project like this forget about the music scene in a hole what have other genres of music ever really done for dnb in pompey !doggy dog!

Maybe so. I doubt that the portsmouth Dnb Scene has a massive draw from far and wide. If you much further north, your'll hit london for your dnb fix, that can sustain a more diverse array of dnb events because of its cultural diversity and vast expanse.

Fair enough, smaller nights need the boast. But how will this docuementry be distributed to those who need to know about whats going on.

My opinion.

Portsmouth has one Dnb Night that has the market locked down, others have tried outside the box with various nights, on different genre tips with dnb, complimented with large marketing flyering campaigns and still lost money heavily.

What does that tell you?

Portsmouth can't handle it mate.

But...

Isn't the idea of the doc. to rep the wider scene, not just what's commercially viable?

Everyone knows there's alot of talent that doesn't get that much exposure for whatever reasons, but does contribute to the 'scene'...

If Fozzy can get the equipment for free, and people chip in with time, interviews, tracks, whatever...Why not?

DVDs are cheap to burn, then there's Youtube etc.

:hagglers:

Back
Top Bottom