I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMENTARY

Re: I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMEN

But...

Isn't the idea of the doc. to rep the wider scene, not just what's commercially viable?

Everyone knows there's alot of talent that doesn't get that much exposure for whatever reasons, but does contribute to the 'scene'...

If Fozzy can get the equipment for free, and people chip in with time, interviews, tracks, whatever...Why not?

DVDs are cheap to burn, then there's Youtube etc.

:hagglers:
word im in if need be allday long

Re: I HAVE AN IDEA...............I WANNA MAKE A PORTSMOUTH DRUM AN BASS SCENE DOCUMEN

I've been watching some graffiti docs recently, some are from the 80's and have been burned from VHS to DVD to YouTube and have taken on a life on their own, years after they were produced.

Much like the the VALVE doc has...

I'm with the others, Portsmouth dnb scene isn't exactly mass-hoof. You'll have very little scope for originality after the first couple of promotions. There isn't great diversity down there is there?

Those who dare step outside of the Box, get burnt. Even with particularly heavy line ups.

I'd say its worthwhile scoping a few genres.

Top of my head.

Dnb - Breakneck etcc

Electro house - Punchfunk

Techno & Beyond Mr Matty 'Fruit Machine' Handy.

Whack it all together in a study of Portsmouth dance music scene.

?

OK lets clear this up.
When i say "scene" i don't just mean events.
I mean all the people who are contributing to the whole scene in general. Producers, mc's, fans anyone involved really so i am sure there are enough people when you take into account all of them. I am talking Raiden as well, i know at least 12 producers based in Pompey as well as enough Dj's and people who are trying to make the scene a positive and worthwhile experience.
As for other genres, i am afraid that including other music cultures will a) dillute the message and b) make it less sub cultural as house/trance etc does not have the same rawness and underground feel to it.
I wanna support my own personal scene not the wider music scene in general.
Also Drum and Bass does not ever have docu's progs etc made about it where as every other genre does.

well is it not a dnb documentry tho thats the thing the pisses me off yeh thers allways dnb going on in pompey alomost 2 /3 a month but its the fact most people dont really no about them .most people that go to dnb events in pompey proberbly aint even from here the locals are more contact/ball of cheese music .i think this is what are smaller dnb nights need is a boost from a project like this forget about the music scene in a hole what have other genres of music ever really done for dnb in pompey !doggy dog!

:word:

But...

Isn't the idea of the doc. to rep the wider scene, not just what's commercially viable?

Everyone knows there's alot of talent that doesn't get that much exposure for whatever reasons, but does contribute to the 'scene'...

If Fozzy can get the equipment for free, and people chip in with time, interviews, tracks, whatever...Why not?

DVDs are cheap to burn, then there's Youtube etc.

:hagglers:

again :word:
I am doing this because i can no other reason and its fun and i wanna meet everyone and pull us all together with a common project.
This ain't gonna be shown on Ch4 and at the Cannes.....:teeth:

I'm with Logikz, without me it will suck balls. Without me there is no Pompey, let alone a dnb scene there :teeth:

Last edited:
I'm with Logikz, without me it will suck balls. Without me there is no Pompey, let alone a dnb scene there :teeth:

ok i have sorted that problem.......................
we will have a satellite link up with you and do a conference interview.
I have chatted to Rupert Murdoch and he can lend us a satellite for a few days and also Steven Spielberg is going to fund the equipment!!! :teeth:

whats happening with this then??

theres a few things coming up soon

could be good for footage etc

keep me posted fozzy

whats happening with this then??

theres a few things coming up soon

could be good for footage etc

keep me posted fozzy

I will try and get down for all the pompey events in the next few months (time and money allowing that is!!!)
I will be in touch Mr Sidekick of course..........:evil:

right im gona take my digitle camera to the next fhew radio shows i go to and the next event im at which is rinsed il get some footage then pass it over to fozzy !
www.qualitybeatsradio.co.uk
www.reputationcrew.co.uk
plus il try and get some other type of foootage etc

nice one bro, you know i forgot about that.........
we all do RADIO!!!!
Cheers Grinch would be appreciated 8)

Hey bad Ace ..u ever upReading/Maidenhead Slough ways ???
I would do an interview for ya...

Soooooo......tell meee.......

Seriously I am good at that shit Have interviewed Peshay,A-Sides,Smokey Joe,Streetbeats Collective, Neil Mac, Deadly P, Dj Lee.....( I know I am showing off now...)
:shittin:

Orrrr could hook you up with radio show if u have Broadband ??

Last edited:

Hey bad Ace ..u ever upReading/Maidenhead Slough ways ???
I would do an interview for ya...

Soooooo......tell meee.......

Seriously I am good at that shit Have interviewed Peshay,A-Sides,Smokey Joe,Streetbeats Collective, Neil Mac, Deadly P, Dj Lee.....( I know I am showing off now...)
:shittin:

Orrrr could hook you up with radio show if u have Broadband ??

cheers 4 the offer man....but the reason i dont do radio is i get to bored to quick 8) reading is only jus up the road though ;)

If you wanna know more about how the portsmouth scene started i'm sure i can help. Especially the movement from Fusion type events to Friction and on to Vurt.
Rob

P.S. to all the guys that know me who i havent seen in ages "hello"

If you wanna know more about how the portsmouth scene started i'm sure i can help. Especially the movement from Fusion type events to Friction and on to Vurt.
Rob

P.S. to all the guys that know me who i havent seen in ages "hello"

OI OI RJM!!!
If you are up for it i would like to do an interview with you about the history man, i will let you know when i start the filming and let you know the deal...........
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Back
Top Bottom