i HATE microsoft word 2007

Gumby

VIP Junglist
what a fucking piss poor excuse for a program. its slow, its crap, and the dicks have tried to make it look like mac.

whats more, its bloody impossible to try and recover the parts of your assignment that youve just been working on when the piece of shit program decides to freeze.

why the hell did my crappy uni install it?

mad mad mad.

:grrrrr:

mesh

VIP Junglist
yeah thats shit Gumbo

I hate being forced to use certain stuff, our company has locked everyone's Explorer Homepage to the company intranet, which shits me when I need to use certain web-based applications that only function well in Explorer. Good thing I use Firefox for most apps.

but hey, why should you care ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...??!?!?!?!??!?!

:cry:

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
what a fucking piss poor excuse for a program. its slow, its crap, and the dicks have tried to make it look like mac.

whats more, its bloody impossible to try and recover the parts of your assignment that youve just been working on when the piece of shit program decides to freeze.
The first thing you do when you start using an Office program is to switch on autosave with an every minute setting, preferably with the back-up not going to a network disk (network faults cause 99% of my crashes).

When you start Office back again you'll have a recovery option. At most, you'll lose 59 seconds of work.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
I'm using Office 2007 on my PC here at work but it's a very quick computer so it doesn't run slow at all! That said, I never use it ha!

It looks insanely different to previous versions though.

download OpenOffice-2.3 (should be out now). its free and well... better (unless you like the ribbon) and it opens older word documents alot better then office2k7 does

Gumby

VIP Junglist
It looks insanely different to previous versions though.
:word:

Gumby said:
and the dicks have tried to make it look like mac.
the layout is so different to the old versions. it makes it harder to use. ive seen people at uni have to get the IT guys just to show them how to print o_O (i was smart enough to find that function thank god.)

Gumby

VIP Junglist
IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
:chainsaw::missile::mad::mad::nono::mad:

every time i try to insert a picture from file the thing chucks a wobbly, freezes up and closes down.

number1

www.db9radio.com
VIP Junglist
my cracked version works fine on my computer i don't think it works well on slower computer i do hate the new outlook 2007 it's horrible

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
how do you do that mate?
Its hidden somewhere in the options. I don't have 2007 so I can't tell you but it is definitely there somewhere.

Make sure you're not adding very big graphic files, compress them before adding. Big graphic files will crash Word a lot - especially if you're comp is not up to current spec.

Gumby

VIP Junglist
Its hidden somewhere in the options. I don't have 2007 so I can't tell you but it is definitely there somewhere.
yeah thats where i would look for it. but 2007 doesnt have the old 'options' tab, it doesnt even have 'file' !!

thanks for the help dustek (y)

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
i cant figure out the vacation request program, so ill just put in my vacation days in this thread, 21-10-2007 10:00 - 28-10-2007 18:30

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

why the hell did my crappy uni install it?

mad mad mad.

They did what o_O

CoB

Pure Sanelessness
VIP Junglist
use an older version.
i never use the newest version of microsoft anything.
it is always the shittest piece of garbage they have come up with yet...

Noxxus

Master baiter

It looks like you're having a rant. Would you like me to:

+Crash your running programs
+Lose all your work
+Completely break down and force you to reinstall