I hate it when...

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
You've worked for so long a tune, it just sounds utter shite :( Even when it's finished, but you've spent so long on it, it still sounds crap..

Some people say you need to make your tunes in as quick as possible (ie in 2 hours) and then go back to that tune in a few days but has anyone tried this, and does it help?

i know what your saying happens to me all the time but usually after one day im ready to go back delete half of it then add something different

i'll spend days (cumatively) on small things..soimetimes getting nowhere (as with the current competition) but I only ever spend max 2 hrs at a time (or the boss gets mad :D )
Once in a while though; I'll have a 20 minute frenzy- usually arranging/re-arranging and get loads done and to a high standard..

I guess it all depends on your work ethic and your mood.

lately i spend a few days coming up with the main hooks, a few minutes here and there. once those are done, i think it's easy to arrange a tune in 2 hours (or 4, or 6). the mixdown is the longest part for me - several days and many, many bounces.

i spend about half an hour on my track and then get bored... if i spend load of time on it but then it sounds shit i usually take some of the good ideas from that track and then make a really good new one out of it, working from the mistakes that i'd made in the first one.

Who ever said to write a tune as quick as you can is talking shit
Going back over a tune several times however, is a good idea

I sometimes have ideas down that i dont touch for months, i would then go back in on it and finish writing it, but never ever rush to finish a tune then go back in to tweak

Yeah i usually spend like an hour for making the basic idea of the track and if it catches up then i return to it and finish it, tho sometimes you can just get in the "zone" and make a monster tune in like 2-5 hours.

Who ever said to write a tune as quick as you can is talking shit
Going back over a tune several times however, is a good idea

I sometimes have ideas down that i dont touch for months, i would then go back in on it and finish writing it, but never ever rush to finish a tune then go back in to tweak

pretty sure spor wrote aztek in 6 hours? seems pretty quick to me

pretty sure spor wrote aztek in 6 hours? seems pretty quick to me

Thats one tune...... i guarantee you Spor doesnt write all his tunes in 6 hrs. Plus i said "AS QUICK AS YOU CAN" = Rushing does it not?

Noisia spend months on some of theirs, as we do ours

But hey if you wanna rush a tune be my guest, its ur tune after all

Back
Top Bottom