I hate Barclays. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by perspective, Nov 18, 2008.

1. perspective

perspective Sex Drugs & Sausage Rolls

Bloody stupid bank! Been with them 4 or 5 years and they've been great but they are pissing me off now...

So I lost my debit card over the weekend... Not a major problem I thought, borrow £40 off a mate and give the bank a ring, it will be sorted by friday. Rang barclays on sunday and asked to cancel my card and get a new one, they guy cancelled it and put me through to the card dept so i could get a new one....

*click*

Wtf? I've been cut off. Try again.

*click*

3 more times... *click* *click* and *click*.

So I went down to town, went to the branch with 2 forms of ID and asked for a new card, and if it was possible if I could withdraw some money from the new account.

"What is your date of birth please sir?"
    "It's 24th April 1987"
    "I'm sorry sir that is incorrect..."

Wtf? So for some unknown reason my birth certificate, driving license and student ID card are all incorrect, no wonder i never get any fucking cards.

So this bird tells me I have to ring up again... Did it when I got in, went through the verification process, had to explain about the date of birth...

"I'm sorry sir, the card department is closed at the moment, please ring back tommorow between 9am and 5pm"

WTF, COULD YOU NOT HAVE FUCKING TOLD ME THAT WHEN I SAID "OH HI, I WOULD LIKE TO GET A NEW DEBIT CARD PLEASE"?!!

So, I just rang up now... Same thing, verification, explained the birth date discrepancy (because it comes up different each time I ring up), explained what had happened...

"I'm sorry sir, the address you provided is not consistent with the address we have on file for you..."

HOLY FUCKING COW HOW CAN YOU BE SO SHIT AT THIS. MY ADDRESS HASN'T CHANGED IN THE 5 YEARS IVE BEEN A CUSTOMER WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE...

So now, I have to go down to my local branch with 2 forms of ID and request to have my DOB and address changed, then wait 24 hours for this to get put into their system, then ring up for a new card, go through the whole shebang again and wait 5-7 working days for a card, plus an extra 2 or 3 on top of that because im living away from how for a while so i have to wait for my mum to forward on the post...

On top of that I have a nasty cold or flu or somting and while im not sneezing and coughing im desperatly trying to get a load of coursework done for friday morning

STRESSED! :mad:

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

:lol: You enjoy that rant?

3. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

i got booted out of halifax by the dude fixing the deposit point machine coz i told the attendant to, an i quote "sort your fuckin act out" coz they did a culmination of similiar fuck ups to what you jus mentioned. banks r wank

4. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

5. BDS

BDS Active Member

do you want some cheese with that whine??

haha only jokin bruv, banks are cunt's.last year my bank conned me out of over £250 worth of bank charges for the pleasure of having someone try to steal money out of my account!!

6. perspective

£250?! Christ on a bike! Did you ever follow it up/get the money back?

7. BDS

BDS Active Member

Could'nt m8,

This is what happened I took out a contract on a mobile over the phone (stupid I know) which was all fine except when i moved to a different bank and i moved all my direct debts over the mobile company tried taking an extra insurance out of the old account every month but unfortunately by this time I had moved and wasnt receiving the post for this account as i had forgotten to leave a forward address.and it just hbuilt up and built up.

also when they did a seaqrch for the company trying to take the insurance they could find no trace of them anywhere!!

it was sheraton somethin,

fuckin con artist's.

but it was my own fault so iv got no1 to blame but myself in the end.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  8. perspective

ah that's well shit :-/

when i moved into a flat last year i was getting loads of mail for all different people, no forwarding addresses or anything. it was car insurance letters, mobile bills, speeding tickets etc. Proper dodgy 'cos it could have had all sorts of details in. In the end i took it to the post office but they told me they couldn't take it without a forwarding address, so i just hung on to it for a few months then shredded it.

until i settle down in one place for more than a year (moving around for uni + work atm), i'll change my address but for now everything goes to my parent's house, although i wouldn't put it past my mum to read my post :p

9. Naib

Naib Member

sounds just as fun as my last BS with HSBC

Had to take a train downto london so early early start, walking to local trainstation I stopped at a cashpoint to get some £ out when the machine ate my card (didn't even register a card had been pushed in)
    Meh, the chip was covered in crud anyway so could do with a new one so thought phone hsbc cancel that card and just use my credit card for the day... WRONG!!!!

phone up hsbc to cancel the debit while waiting for a train at 6am in some remote area of birmingham when I got cut off 1/2 way through canceling the card,

meh, goto the ticket machine to buy a ticket to london WRONG!!!! fucking bank had blocked all my cards!!! house account, credit card AND amex card!!!!!
    I lost my wallet in france a couple of years ago so HSBC autmatically put me onto their cardguard system
    seems IF a termination request via phone is cut off 1/2 way through they automatically block all cards!!!!

I was fuming but eventually got the other unblocked!!!

10. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Yeah same, still get people calling up trying to get money out of me thinking I am some spanish dude called Jesus.

Also other people's bank statements, credit card offers etc dropping through my door. Even had a car registration document at my first place!

Even though I aint lived at home for 3 years I still get my super important stuff sent to the rents place, stupid old dear sometimes opens them though :rolleyes:

Oh and yeah banks are cunts...

11. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

yes, barclays are fucking shit

i miss the woolwich :(

12. perspective

i went down to the bank today and finally got it sorted after raising my voice at an adviser and going on about how i was so annoyed and i would switch to natwest... Assistant manager came down pretty quick and led me to her office, card should be here in 5 days.

And who says you can't solve problems by shouting at people?

13. shanegant

shanegant Member

YUP BARCLAYS HOTLINE IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF CUN TS I HAD TO RING A FEW MONTHS BACK AND I HAD TO RING 5 OR 6 TIMES BECAUSE THEY CUT ME OFF THEN THEY COULDNT HEAR ME THEN I KEPT GETTIN PUT THROUGH TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT WAS JUST ON HOLD FOR A STUPID AMOUNT OF TIME