I Gonna buy a whole new set up, any Recommendations??

Ellrot

OK I've been mixing very lightly for about 1 year now.. I only started for myslef coz I wanted to put all the tracks I really love in a mix just for me..

To save money in-case I didn't really enjoy it I bought a Midi mixer, which was good for me coz I moved to The middle east (Which sucks ass, fricking Jawas have not clue how to have fun). Anyway I'm moving back to the UK asap and I'm gonna buy a proper set up.

I have a massive collection of Wav and Mp3 tunes and I don't really want to have to buy them on vinyl again. But I don't wanna dj on CDj's I wanna do vinyl..

I was think about getting Serato... Of course I understand I have to have mixer and Decks etc, Has anyone got any advice???:rolleyes:

just get some 1210s and an appropriate mixer for your price range + serato (y)

it's the simplist solution.

the ttm57s is pretty good, not sure it's worth the money though. seems to benifit turntablists more than dnb djs imo.

try havin a look for a vestax mixer. you can usually pick up a half decent one for 100-120 quid on ebay and if its been looked after, it shud last you for a very long time.

as for turntables, as others have pointed out i would deffo recommend technics 1210. they are industry standard and have a very good feel to them.

serato is also the dogs. i have no idea how it works lol.

Get some decent decks (I recomend Technics)
A decent mixer such as the Pioneer djm400
And Traktor scratch ftw.

If you plan on playing out Technics 1210's or 1200's are what you should get. Preferably mk 5's. If you don't plan on playing out Stanton STR8-150's are more powerful and have more features then the technics and are cheaper.

For mixers any top end Pioneer, Allen & Heath, Korg. Rane or Urei. My preference is for the Pioneer or the Korg stuff because of the quality of the fx. The korg zero8 and zero4 are fully midi assignable which gives you a lot of options.

Good needles. Shure Whitelabels or good Ortofons.

just get some 1210s and an appropriate mixer for your price range + serato (y)

it's the simplist solution.

the ttm57s is pretty good, not sure it's worth the money though. seems to benifit turntablists more than dnb djs imo.

I can see there a few benefits to having the ttm57s but for the price I think your right!! can't really justify the money!!

If I got a Korg Zero mixer I would probably have most the benefits anyway coz of the midi controllers, right??

What about a Korg Kaos Pad???

I've already noticed you can't beat Technics, all the guys I organise DnB nights with use them and they've never looked back!

Cheers everyone for the advice so far... This forum rocks for getting loads of different opinions.

Slimbo I appreciate your love for vinyl, I don't want it to die either , and I will be buying vinyl from now on, but I can't justify buying all my tunes again I've over 500 tracks, plus I need to be able to play my own samples for what I have planned!!

I can see there a few benefits to having the ttm57s but for the price I think your right!! can't really justify the money!!

If I got a Korg Zero mixer I would probably have most the benefits anyway coz of the midi controllers, right??

What about a Korg Kaos Pad???

I've already noticed you can't beat Technics, all the guys I organise DnB nights with use them and they've never looked back!

Cheers everyone for the advice so far... This forum rocks for getting loads of different opinions.

Slimbo I appreciate your love for vinyl, I don't want it to die either , and I will be buying vinyl from now on, but I can't justify buying all my tunes again I've over 500 tracks, plus I need to be able to play my own samples for what I have planned!!

I have a Korg Kaos Pad 2, its fuckin deadly, but, i would say its not spot on for mixin, the effects are sick but i really think its more of a midi controller,

sayin all this i have seen people DJin with the pad and they manage to pull off some really impressive stuff, i jus havent really managed to get my head round it yet.

I have a Korg Kaos Pad 2, its fuckin deadly, but, i would say its not spot on for mixin, the effects are sick but i really think its more of a midi controller,

sayin all this i have seen people DJin with the pad and they manage to pull off some really impressive stuff, i jus havent really managed to get my head round it yet.

Jim Bane for one. He can rock a Kaos Pad to death.

Back
Top Bottom