SPY - Roll The Dice
Marcus Intalex - Sell Your Soul
Skeptical - Blue Eyes
Command Strange - Black Hat
Phobia, Sato - Jitter
Commix - Double Double
Enei, MC DRS (Foreign Concept Remix) - Obsession

DL http://dnbshare.com/download/Vinyl_DNB.mp3.html

It would be cool if someone could let me know if this is shit or not, struggling with the vinyl but I think I'm getting there

Last edited:
Just finished it up, was decent mate, nothing jumped out at me as being out of place, nice flowing set. That Foreign Concept cut of Enei is large!!

Thanks, I know its by no means perfect but really wanna get rid of the CDJs so working on it

Ahh yea fuck CD's man, although feel my hand will be forced sooner rather than later to go digital, but thats another matter...

Don’t think I have ever heard an intro so cool in a Members Mix this year, great vibe setter. Threads made for a good change up from the steppy intro to get the mix really rolling. So far so good Terpit. Waiting for Rickets to enter the mix, haven’t heard it in a mix before so not sure what to expect. Can hear it poking over Threads nicely, EQ’d well this bit. Rickets bass is in, and not a bad transition. Got that summertime sound going on. Waiting Sokitume to come in and add a different type of style to the mix. 32 bars after the drop of Rickets and bang, really smooth Terpit. Let the summery mids poke over of Sokitume nicely. Favourite tune off that Roundhouse EP by a mile. Wicked wicked. Tender doubt next up, really steady mix would have maybe mixed it 32 bars after the breakdown of Sokitume. But still worked even though you waited another 16 to drop in Tender Doubt. That creepy vocal on this tune is wiccckedd. Selection has been vibesy thus far (y) Now that my team have buggered off for some meeting about pointless work that is not even necessary I can now listen much more attentively. Little bit racey with the beat coming in of Heathers Hot Waffles but quickly corrected, when it breakdowns and drops it’s a really smooth mix, got a much more rollin’ vibe than the spectrasoul tune, but pretty swish man. Can hear Open Your Eyes euphoric vocal poking over, felt like there was a real drop in volume with this mix, check your gains! It lost a heck ofalot of energy. When you cut to this tune on its own I feel like im nodding and bouncing again, this command strange tune is bouncy as fuck! Waiting Line next, I know myself its annoying to cue on vinyl, no real noticeable points to cue it from 32 bars from the start so most people just play it from the start…poking in straight away as soon as Open Your Eyes drops & 16 bars later Waiting Line is in for a smooth rolling mix, with that little vocal of O.Y.E poking through, not bad again man! Haven’t played Easyglide since I realised my copy is fucked :/ can imagine this is going to make for a swish double. Bit disappointed it wasn’t, can hear it poking through & expecting a mix when waitings line vocal disappears, & not bad, the gain seemed a little off on Easyglide but not so bad, mix was relatively clean. Onto the breakdown of Easyglide. Sounds like an ambitious mix coming out of Easyglide, bit out but quickly corrected, 16 bars after the initial EasyGlide 2nd drop Time Has Come is in and rolling, the mids of Easyglide kept nicely involved over the top. Not sure why I don’t own this. 2 little 2 late’s big beat takes over the mix quite a bit, not overly sure on this mix tbh probably because I’m not too keen on the tune but it seems to have overpowered Time Will Come a little. Ghetto love next. Made for quite a bouncy mix, didn’t notice the transition which is a good thing. Not really keen on the tune but the mix was steady. Last 7 tunes looking at the TL I have all of them in the bag so interested to see what you did with them. Gain seemed a little off on Roll The Dice, felt once again a drop in energy. Not sure tbh. Sell Your Soul pokes over when Roll The Dice bounces back in, really hard drum beat takes over the mix, wasn’t sure on it tbh, when you cut to Sell Your Soul and the bass kicks in I’m back and bouncing again. Majority of the mixes have been unpredicatable so far which makes for a more interesting listen. Wondering how Blue Eyes really soft feel will work with the harder elements of Sell Your Soul, bit of a clang initially but quickly resolved. Got clobbered by my boss and fucking mixcloud doesn’t let you scroll back! ARGHHH. Literally caught the last mix with Obsession remix (which sounds boss I must say on a wedge system)
Sorry for the lack of attention in places, work & bosses tend to cause these things. However for your first vinyl mix you can see you have technical ability from using CD’s before. My only advice for you would to be watch your gains & levels! Couple of drop off’s in sound caused the energy to drop considerably, couple of slurrrrrs along the way but corrected quickly. Anyone on vinyl I try and advise to pitchride as much as you can, and don’t touch that platter when you’ve got a tune in!
However all that aside I did dig the tune selection, really cool summery vibes and really digged your opening tune. Wicked sir, will definitely keep an eye out for any other vinyl mixes you create, keep up the hard work it will definitely pay off.

Really good mang (y)

Thanks mate, much appreciated! There's something wrong with my decks, the left one needs the gain to be up to around 11:00 when the other is at 08:30 and I'm always forget to adjust them :oops: . Don't think I touched the platter throughout that mix but I may have done, it's the main thing I love most about mixing on turntables.
I wish I could have included more double drops but I'm still getting the hang of reading those grooves and whenever there's an ambient bit on both tracks before the drop on a track its a guaranteed clanger so Ive been bringing tracks in the next phase just to be safe ( but it can be a little bit anti-climatic). Practise practise practise.
Cheers again for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like I'm not gonna be able to use Paul B - This Is The Girl to start any sets for ages now, I'm sure I'll find something

really nice mate, got a lot of time for dem vinyl mixes! loving the obscurity of your tracklist, always look for stuff off the beaten track so was a big plus here, finding gems like tender doubt which i can't believe i've never heard... preferred the rolling parts as opposed to the harder stuff towards the end, you had it locked down for the former with occasional slips like when blue eyes came in, who cares though. you say you're struggling but for a first recorded all vinyl mix this is quality. more of the same s'il vous plait (y)

edit: also that intro tune is wicked! great set opener, loved the conversation

Cheers mate, yeah it's all about obscurity I reckon. I just need to have the tracks fully beatmatched before I try and bring them in I think, but yeah, working on it. Thanks for the kind words

Back
Top Bottom