I feel stupid asking a question like this.

CrystalMess

So, i'm pretty new to dnb production, anyways. I'm using Reason 4, and I have a drum pattern i've created in redrum, which i've copied to the sequencer. However, something happened (and I don't know what), but now when I press 'play', both the sequenced pattern and the pattern in the redrum play at the same time. I obviously want this fixed, because I don't want to have to press 'play' and then press 'run' just to hear what the beat should sound like.

Thanks in advance, I only asked here because it's such a weird problem and I couldn't find help in the manual.

untick the enable pattern selection buton on the redrum - this stops the redrum running the pattern when you press play.
Anything copied to the sequencer will play

on redrum just next to run there is an option that says enable pattern section, click it so the light goes off. problem solved! :teeth:

jim beat me too it lol.

disable the pattern in the sequencer - unclick run and unclick enable in the bottom left of the redrum window, took me a while to figure that out myself

Edit: Damn your nimble fingers!! lol thats what happens when you open too many threads at once

when I press 'play', both the sequenced pattern and the pattern in the redrum play at the same time.

Mate. When I first started out, I had the same fucking problem, it got on my nerves soooo much, but then my mate just turned around and clicked the button to stop it, like a day after I got the problem and I felt like an ass.

but to be honest, these things happen and if some of the others start to have a dig at you. Most of them have had a stupid problem or two in their time :teeth:, but now that they know a bit more they like to pick on the newer people because they think that it'll make them look all knowing to others.

Just reminds me of the repost police, they can't wait for their next victim...

So don't worry about posting a stupid question. Just search it in the searchbox first and it may have been discussed before and that'll save you time anyways :gang_bang

Back
Top Bottom