I dont really listen to calibre...

Dom!Reavers!

but what tracks i've heard I really like! Tried searching up his discography but he has a good few albums, can someone recommend the best one to aqquire in order to broaden my musical horizons, cheers :)

he has stacks of albums 8 or 9 I think.

Love Overflow. Great LP.
Even If is a more recent LP. Still vibes...Steptoe, Manchester nights are great tunes.
And check his self titled LP Dominic Martin. Not DNB but beautiful production

Some of Calibres best stuff for me came out on singles.

Personally I'd sit through his whole discography, listen to all his releases and I don't think you will be disappointed one bit.

'Second Sun' is my favourite Calibre album, also worth checking as your new to his beats is the two 'Shelflife' LPs. The Shelflife LP's have a mix of his tunes, old and new (technically all old now, as the albums were released in 2009)

I'm 5 tracks into overflow and oh my, he's definitely a genius.

LISTEN TO EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER PUT OUT SIMPLE.

I think that its gunna have to happen. Definately would have heard a lot more of his stuff had I made dnb the lifestyle it is now a little sooner, really up to date with the current scene, but slacking a lot when it comes to older stuff :/

I think that its gunna have to happen. Definately would have heard a lot more of his stuff had I made dnb the lifestyle it is now a little sooner, really up to date with the current scene, but slacking a lot when it comes to older stuff :/

Hes a legend and my fav overall dnb producer by far!

Deffo go for those LPs I suggested man, sounds like you on the right track with the recent stuff.

If you get chance to catch a Calibre set do so, one of my all time favourite DJs. Best set I heard was at a V Recordings night I think @ The End, to top that set off Stamina was mcing :)

second sun is definitely his best LP as said already.. overflow close second for me!

as for EPs, my favourite is probably the judgement day EP on samurai, one of the few EPs where I rate every tune on it

favourite tunes would be: thoughtless, mr maverick/highlander, life, all the while, alone in a crowd ETC ETC ETC

yeah pretty much all of his work is stellar

You should defently do what Wayne said and listen to the mistical stuff.. Their album which came out on soul r is legendary

Back
Top Bottom