I Done The 'ole Breakneck Ting

daky

WHAT A WICKED NIGHT...LATE NOW AND IM TOTALLY FUCT FROM DANCIN SO MUCH HEAVY SETS BY ALL !BIG UP GIBBER AND LOKKI REPRESENTING THE NEW STYLE IIIGHT POMPY RUNNIN IT RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!LETS HOPE DAKYS UP SOON PEACE OUT CREW BIG UP DAKY!!! :gpeace: :missile: BO BO BO!!!!!#1

Was another blinder lads well done!! Fresh wasnt what I expected him to be, not really my style. However the ol SDM & Triple M made up for that big time. Fearless was fuckin flawless. :applause:

Ended up going in the end because I didn't have to go up to Source.

Got there at about 11.30, Fresh was just starting dropped some OK tunes, mixing was awful but there you go.

Highlight was him playing Zinc - Film ( Calibre Remix ) which i have :nurr_nur: :D

Must say i was impressed with SDM + Triple M, went alot Darker than i thought they would, apart from Bodyrock of course :P

Fearless was good too.

Overall an good night, big up Breakneck

highlight of the night for me was defo triple m and sdm at the last couple of hours .the best set ive herd them do like fearless said tag team champs..big up ...the mc ing was different building up the night but they didnt do it for me intle freestyle come on then my night got rollin good set from element (impressed) lokki was good he played a lot off known traxs but a good seletion.. once again sdm and triple m are da boys play up the pompey lads .. :rambo:

Yeah i agree fresh wasnt up to much, big up the sdm and triple m. Fearless alongside. B E A utiful! :dutty:

Fucking heavy night!!! Still havent gone to bed yet.....work can fuck itself. Big up to Owain and Cara and all the breakneck lot, had a wicked time, really good experience!! Out to everyone who came as well, really good atmosphere!!

Ez, need some zzs.

12 inch grinch said:
good set from element (impressed) :rambo:

Cheers man, couldnt seem to get into it properly last night but it didnt go to badly.

Wicked atmosphere as always, Fresh dropped nuff new tunes (as ud expect), Submarines rmx sounded heavy on a decent system!! And how much better was that system sounding!

Shouts to Sdm & Triple M - you certainly showed pompey how its done, propa dark sets from yourselves, you had the 4 deck thing down to a T. Fearless complemented you guys perfectly and seemed to really enjoy himself at the same time!

Big up all crew that put in the hard work - you know who you are !

Hold tight for the next one...............:boom:

One of my fave Breakneck's so far, everyone I have spoken to really enjoyed it!

Fresh didn't really live up to the high expectations I had for him, perhaps my expectations were too high? He didn't play the tune by him and Pendulum though :cry:

Fearless, well, what can I say? He absolutely rinsed it proper, cannot speak highly enough about him. Really friendly, worked with Mike and I like he'd played with us a million times, and had the crowd loved having him on the mic. He is definitely someone I would love to see at Breakneck again!

Usual mad skills from the other artists, Element, Freestyle, Throcker, and a (y) to Gibber and Lokki who both proved they can rinse out the venue.

Huge props to the Breakneck crew; Owain, Cara, Daniel, Theresa, and everyone else who puts into this heavyweight night.

Finally, the people who make it worth while, the crowd! Cheers for looking like you were enjoying yourselves during mine and Mike's set :lol: 'Bodyrock' is back baby!! :clown:

See you at BN: Reloaded / Breakneck #13 (w/ Goldie, Friction, + Baron) :slayer:

Our pictures: http://dnbforum.com/gallery/

:banana:

Well Well, Was I the only one who was impressed with Fresh? I was expecting his set to either be a clone of the Breakbeat Kaos CD :mrpanic:
OR tear it up in a rub-a-dub stylee! Fortunatley it was the later!

Ive heard Fresh play some appauling sets before, but I think his mixing has improved 100%. Still, a bit shakey in places to be fair tho ;)

The Soundsystem was sounding Rude as it gets - MASSIVE props to them for getting that bass to shake my very soul, that only a few systems have done :thumbsup:
Large up teh Jelement for droppin Terrorist remix, that bass sounded criss, Boh! :oscar:

Solid set from Lokki, plenty of big tunes an got the crowd jumpin' early on. Mic levels were a bit hit an miss again - Gibber held his own, an large up to the Freestyle who never disapoints. (y)

Not as packed as it has been imo, but still everyone seemed up for it. Im just pissed off I had to sheen off just after SDM & Triple started an missed Fearless an what sounds like the set of the night!

which leads me onto my next question-

WAS THE AUDIO RECORDED?

jay walker said:
Ive heard Fresh play some appauling sets before, but I think his mixing has improved 100%. Still, a bit shakey in places to be fair tho ;)

The Soundsystem was sounding Rude as it gets - MASSIVE props to them for getting that bass to shake my very soul, that only a few systems have done :thumbsup:

Not as packed as it has been imo, but still everyone seemed up for it. Im just pissed off I had to sheen off just after SDM & Triple started an missed Fearless an what sounds like the set of the night!

which leads me onto my next question-

WAS THE AUDIO RECORDED?
1) I didn't really take much notice of Fresh' mixing but I can't say I heard anything bad. But! I wasn't really feeling his selection, I was expecting more badness from one of my fave DJ's (selection wise!). Your right though Jay, he has played some shocking sets in the past :lol:

2) Yeah the sound was heavy, defo need to big up all the sound guys for that one. Brand new bass bins inside the place yo :slayer:

3) This months was actually busier than last months! Big up the Breakneck party massive for representing! Working with Fearless was flawless, top MC (y)

4) No audio unfortunately, cK couldn't make it down to record it. He'll be down at #13 I believe!

well...that was fun!!!

it was cool to be able to play a set of well known tunes and get the crowd boucing ready for fresh who i think ripped it up pretty good u know!!!

big up all crew there!!! it was fukin busy, i was glad to be eble to get on the stage out of the hectic crowd!!

fearless fukin killed it...hes still my favourite MC!!!

boooo! (y)

More photos at: http://www.break-neck.com/

alanpartridgePA.jpg

Textbook.

Back
Top Bottom