i done the music for a trailer

logikz

I Am Not The King
gretas guide to the galaxy, a film by a friend of mine, astrid askberger,
shes an award winning film maker in scandinavia.

Gretatrailer med alternativ musik

its not official, and i didnt have any software to see the video as i made the audio, so i had to note down some times when things happened, then try and make the music move according to that. i feel like you really do need software that syncs up the video with the audio or youre doing it blind, kind of thing. next time ill have to look into that.

this is why the music to shaft is the way it is, james brown didnt know how to make a 2 minute chase scene track, or a 1 minute driving track, he turned in no less than five eight minute funk jams and was like "here, you deal with it" which is veeeeeeeery tempting when youre doing this sort of project

anyway, please tell me what you think, and its got a low end, sometimes with deep sub so try and not listen on your pc speakers :)

Nice. Have you done music for film/video before? Any challenges you had while making this?

Never done music for a film before, but always been very focused on a cinematic sound. That's been the beginning and end of my music, you're supposed to feel a thick mystical ambience, just like all the best movies, so the step was never far.

But challenges, I'm serious when I say, you need like Vegas or Premier that can sync the video with the audio, I did this on pure luck and blind faith, and you can tell I miss the mark on quite a few cuts.

So what i did was get the original trailer, note down times of cuts, some ideas and make that happen. Essentially writing a piece of music to the film clip, making it a sort of reverted music video, more than a trailer, if you understand what I mean?

I completely see the other method of doing this, you have songs you pick out, cut loops from, fx, swooshes, whomps, bwaaaaas, then you arrange that in the video software to the rhythm of the clips, that is probably the more streamlined method, a much less work intensive method, doing it my way took three days to make two minutes of meaningful music to a sequence of scenes I didn't create, so I did it the hard way.

But that was the point, to force myself to write music, I'm not looking to break into the film score game and I'm not trying to make trailers.

In fact, I think I understand why trailers are the way they are now. They are not made by musicians, they are made by filmmakers.

Interesting, but im thinking out loud now, that's a bad habit.

Really glad you like it brody!

Sick dude, thats awesome

Hey thanks for listening brody!

Superb!

Great piece of music that really gives the visuals a raw emotion.

Props big poppa.

thank you crapitain! have you been busy with music lately? what do you work in for daw again?

No, I've not the time what with alcoholism and drug exploration. I'm mainly focusing on becoming much fatter and greyer.

No, I've not the time what with alcoholism and drug exploration. I'm mainly focusing on becoming much fatter and greyer.

Hear hear, good man! Self improvement is for wankers. Self destruction, on the other hand, brings you closer to God. A grey stone faced god with a thousand eyes and dagger claws, but still closer

Back
Top Bottom