I do need your help in this (regarding turntables)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi lads,

This is my problem. I am planning to replace my old Pioneer PL 255 set including the speakers etc with 1 deck, a simple 2 channel mixer and two monitors (I am thinking Rokit's for the time being).

What would be the ideal not expensive deck (below 400 quid) that is good value and most importantly doesn't ruin my vinyl? Also, which ideal simple mixer goes along that deck nicely (again same budget)?

I am not looking for decks to be used while djing, just a deck to use while being at home listening to something like Kiyoko's LP to give you an image.

Thanks for all the help in advance. Not sure that I posted this in right section, so admins feel free to remove it to the right forum section.

Much love, Meno :)

Not sure about what deck to use (though I guess most people on here will recommend a second hand Technic 1210) but I wouldnt get Rokit monitors just for listening - the sounds too flat, get some hifi speakers with an amp.

Yeah the Technics is your best bet, but if you want a clean one that might be out of your budget. Apparently the Audio Technica turntables are pretty good too. For the mixer you could look around on Ebay for an Allen & Heath xone 22. It's a two channel mixer that's ideal for home use and nothing more. You could get the 23 which is the newer version, but personally I prefer the more compact shape of the 22 :D

As for monitors, I would strongly recommend Yamaha HS-80s or Adams over KRKs but again, out of the budget. If you want to listen to a record as beautiful as the Kiyoko LP you're going to need more than just KRKs ;)

The KRK's can be exchanged for Yamaha HS7's?? I mainly produce on headphones so monitors are a bit 'strange' to me. Regarding technics, I am seeing a huge recommendation on 1200 Mark II but haven't they stopped manufacturing it?? I am checking the Allen & Heath now

The KRK's can be exchanged for Yamaha HS7's?? I mainly produce on headphones so monitors are a bit 'strange' to me. Regarding technics, I am seeing a huge recommendation on 1200 Mark II but haven't they stopped manufacturing it?? I am checking the Allen & Heath now
Yeah they stopped manufacturing the Technics, but they're still the best thing you can get. You just have to stalk Ebay and wait until a good condition one pops up (speaking of which, I have to get myself a second SL-1200 eventually)

Yeah, HS7 would most likely be better than the Rokits. I've never heard the HS7s but Yamaha's monitors tend to have a more natural sound in comparison to the KRKs, which have their bass boosted (I think).

Back
Top Bottom