i did a dubstep

What key is that supposed to be in!?

And i don't know what i was expecting when i clicked play.

Wish I didn't now.

:teeth:

It's so bad you could have a cult following.
Any way your getting better keep at it. Suggestion for this tune would be to look up musical keys. And place your note in the correct spaces.

Maybe add a kick drum to? or are you using those toms as kicks?

Also, like they said above, playing in key is a big deal...

Maybe add a kick drum to? or are you using those toms as kicks?

Also, like they said above, playing in key is a big deal...

the kicks are there, i noticed they were pretty much all sub-bass so i sorted that out.

you're all talking about keys...could any of you build on that? ideally for someone with a minimal amount of knowledge regarding 'music theory'

beat is ok needs some work tho
not feeling the bass tho mate
keep at it tho as said above you are improving

the kicks are there, i noticed they were pretty much all sub-bass so i sorted that out.

you're all talking about keys...could any of you build on that? ideally for someone with a minimal amount of knowledge regarding 'music theory'

keys you know on a piano there are keys lol
but really you can have a tune in a b c keys etc
but i wouldnt worry about that for now if i was you id just concentrate on the basics of production

basicly disregard anything dirty breaks says to you about your tunes cos he has a lust for your bum

I think they are commenting on the detuned bass line when they are on about the key of the song, sounds a bit scatty I don't actually think theres anything wrong with the notes you are playing.

Not to insult you man but it's not amazing and it's going to be a while before anything you do is sounding anywhere near half decent however the progression from the first example you posted to the second is noticable. The only thing you can do is keep trying, I been trying since I was 16/17 and have only now just started to get to a level where I think it starting to sound decent and I still got loads to improve on. I'd work on maybe changing the bassline as that patch is bit muddy sounding a little bit and getting the drums sounding a bit tighter as they sound quite dull in the mix.

I think they are commenting on the detuned bass line when they are on about the key of the song, sounds a bit scatty I don't actually think theres anything wrong with the notes you are playing.

Not to insult you man but it's not amazing and it's going to be a while before anything you do is sounding anywhere near half decent however the progression from the first example you posted to the second is noticable. The only thing you can do is keep trying, I been trying since I was 16/17 and have only now just started to get to a level where I think it starting to sound decent and I still got loads to improve on. I'd work on maybe changing the bassline as that patch is bit muddy sounding a little bit and getting the drums sounding a bit tighter as they sound quite dull in the mix.

no offence taken, i know the stuff i'm working on is 'shit', and i dont expect anything i make to be anywhere near the standard i want it to be at for YEARS yet , although, i still think considering the rather small amount of time i've been putting into production, i think i'm progressing faster than a lot of people seem to.

but anyway, i think i'm gonna continue working on this until i'm really fuckin bored of it, expect it to sound nothing like it does now.

that bassline sounds funny. the reason i dont like dubstep. Tho the drums are viiiibe

that bassline sounds funny. the reason i dont like dubstep. Tho the drums are viiiibe

appreciated, i was quite proud of the drums but listening again i need to ease of the 'verb a bit. And i think i'm gonna stick with the melody of the bassline but switch up the synth.
trying dubstep was probably a bad choice, as i dont really like it all that much, but i needed to try something different.

the other bits on my SC could do with some feedback also if you wanna have a little listen, plan to go back to a few forgotten projects.

Back
Top Bottom