I did a drum and bass

do u even compress?

- - - Updated - - -

like the sound of the intro but the drop is way to loud every sound seems to be fighting eachother sounds cool but needs a much better mixdown
am on headphones now so ill try and have a proper listen tommorow

Cheers for feedback man, I do compress haha why? Yeah I want to see what I sounds like other systems as don't think my headphones are the most amazing, don't know about the drop being too loud I thought it was ok but will listen back in the morning, I am a bit mashed right now probably should be relying on my ears. Any specific elements that you feel could with sorting or just generally fine EQ the clashing elements?

sorry the compress thing was because of the thread title.lol
i am also abit pissed so my help right now would be detrimental.lol

Haha well if you could sort me some
tips when you're would be appreciated I'm gonna listen in the morn with some fresher ears, trying to mix down is tedious after a few vals, I'm gonna go sleep

only on headphones but can hear well enough, the piano riff or w/e it is sounds a bit loud, taking up alot the mix, i like the rising bass you have, the drums need to be filled out/eq'd a bit better with touches of reverb etc, give it bit of a shine.

sorry if this all seems negative haha, the idea is all there, just lacking the polish on the mixdown at the moment. the shaker you have, I'd take that out doesnt seem to really help the drums just clutters things up, maybe just bring it down alot and leave the highs of it there.

but first thing to do is bring that riff down quite a few decibels, and maybe the sub up :)

only on headphones but can hear well enough, the piano riff or w/e it is sounds a bit loud, taking up alot the mix, i like the rising bass you have, the drums need to be filled out/eq'd a bit better with touches of reverb etc, give it bit of a shine.

sorry if this all seems negative haha, the idea is all there, just lacking the polish on the mixdown at the moment. the shaker you have, I'd take that out doesnt seem to really help the drums just clutters things up, maybe just bring it down alot and leave the highs of it there.

but first thing to do is bring that riff down quite a few decibels, and maybe the sub up :)

Im on monitors and I fully agree with evez got nothing more to add

Nah it's all constructive criticism which is what I wanted, I will take all advice on board :) I wasn't the most sober person last night when mixing this down haha so don't think that helped haha but was eager to post in general
the thing I worry about most is the mixdown and how well the drums cut through the mix, I find my headphones aren't very bass heavy so I usually over compensate for it and because I've become aware of this issue I have started to put too little bass in, all part of the learning process though! Need to get myself some monitors as well, cheers for listening guys! Xx

Back
Top Bottom