I Come In Peace...with a mix

Afek_One

VIP Junglist

Correction Coming Forward comes in a little hot so watch you speakers. I have a habit of slamming tunes without checking the gains first.

1. Anile - Another Year
2. J. Robinson & Knowledge - Untitled
3. The Untouchables - Correction Coming Forward VIP
4. DBR UK, AMC - Under Siege
5. Caski feat. Chimpo - Um Bongo (free)
6. Response - One Nation
7. Mutated Forms - Crowlin
8. Response - Surveilance
9. Stray - Everytime
10. Tom Small - Next War (Bredren Remix) (free)
11. Villem and McLeod - Putting Down Roots
12. Kije - You Know Me
13. Ruffhouse - Next Phase
14. Lorde - Royals (props to Beknoxx for the idea of mixing it with D&B)
15. Fre4knc - Follow
16. Kije - Coming For You
17. Dub Phizix - 8 Gold Rings (Tribute track for Salford John) (donation)
18. Skeptical ft Collette Warren - Always Be Mine
19. Thing - Future Roots
20. The Untouchables - Adamantium
21. Villem & McLeod - Think That I'm Yours
22. Mako, DLR, Villem and Ant TC1 - Hungry For Atmosphere
23. Calibre - The Wash
24. Midnight Star - Midas Touch

On this one tomorrow Afek.....something to look forward to coming into work ha ha. That Royals mix looks interesting ha ha...... Thanks for the props mang. Did you figure the throw out? Shit took me a couple of times.

On this one tomorrow Afek.....something to look forward to coming into work ha ha. That Royals mix looks interesting ha ha...... Thanks for the props mang. Did you figure the throw out? Shit took me a couple of times.

Yeah. There's an extra bar in the intro.

aight 30 minutes in and it's really good so far mang. Left you some comments on SC. I think i like your mixes cuz we share the same interest in traks.....really dope selection on this one so far mang. Will check the rest on Monday and get back to you.

aight 30 minutes in and it's really good so far mang. Left you some comments on SC. I think i like your mixes cuz we share the same interest in traks.....really dope selection on this one so far mang. Will check the rest on Monday and get back to you.

Thanks bro. I'm pretty happy with this one. There's only a couple things I would change. I missed the second time Crowlin switches. I don't know why they did that. Probably just to fuck with us.:crazy:

really cool start - love that untitled track. did you loop the intro of um bongo? you dealt with whatever happens at 17.33 really well, too. You Know Me ---> Next Phase is a massive blend! And it comes out of nowhere. reloaded that a few times. I do actually quite like Royals. I have to say thought, it would work better with half-time rather than straight war tracks. the vocal in Coming For You is wicked actually. need to get this release. great song to finish with haha

Really enjoyed this mate. Will take this one back to the t.o.p soon

really cool start - love that untitled track. did you loop the intro of um bongo? you dealt with whatever happens at 17.33 really well, too. You Know Me ---> Next Phase is a massive blend! And it comes out of nowhere. reloaded that a few times. I do actually quite like Royals. I have to say thought, it would work better with half-time rather than straight war tracks. the vocal in Coming For You is wicked actually. need to get this release. great song to finish with haha

Really enjoyed this mate. Will take this one back to the t.o.p soon

Thanks for the listen. With Um Bongo, I set a cue point on that vocal and triggered it on the every other measure then every measure to build it up. The X1 is a nifty little piece of gear. Chimpo's production is so underrated. I'm looking forward to his EP on Exit.

Love the term "war track."

Finally finished it mang...really solid mix right here....left you some more comments on SC. I don't know why mixes like this don't get more plays.

Oh and I enjoyed the little treat at the end ha ha.

Gave this a couple of listens in the car this week. Actually thought it was Thing's latest mix when it first started off, as its his kinda style :)

Nice opener. Untitled - Correction Coming Forward VIP - Under Siege - Um Bongo - One Nation - Crowlin was a quality string off the back of that. Not heard Untitled, Correction Coming Forward VIP or Under Siege and they all really complimented one another. Um Bongo sounded great in there with its tribal flavours, and I too can't wait for Chimpo's Exit EP :) One Nation - Crowlin took things in a more rolling directing. First members mix that I have heard Crowlin in too and I like the way you cut to Crowlin at the semi breaks before easing One Nation back in. Also, listened to this mix in the car without a TL, so it was nice to be reminded of One Nation and a few other bits without knowing what was coming up or seeing the name.

Everytime - Next War rmx - Putting Down Roots was another wicked section. Everytime has grown on me a hell of a lot, and with it being digital, its nice to hear others mix it. I can only reach for Award Tour atm in a similar vein, but thats not a bad thing. Next War rmx is such a war tune, with its militant beat. Wish more Bredren stuff would get pressed, but thats the way things are going these days. Next Phase - Royals was a cool touch, and with Follow on the end. Not heard Follow before.

8 Gold Rings - Always Be Mine - Future Roots - Adamantium - Think That I'm Yours was equally as good as the other 2 strings mentioned above. Great hearing that 8 Gold Rings tune in a mix. Always Be Mine sounded sweet with it, as you might expect from producers who work together, but the dirty filth in ABM did drone through the percussion bits in the tail end of 8GR to great effect. I must play Future Roots more as it is a good tune, but find myself playing Untitled Render more. That, Adamantium and Think That I'm Yours all seemed to slot effortlessly into place. Couple of other bits to mention:- those Kije bits were nice. Not heard of him / her / them before.

Great ride all together man. I like how the more rolling bits sat next to the minimal and experimental tunes, getting the best out of both in all cases. Pleasing on the ears (y)

Oh and I enjoyed the little treat at the end ha ha.

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Not sure what that was about, but fun all the same

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. I was really happy with this mix and I've listened to it more than any I've ever done.

I kind of felt weird about playing 8 Gold Rings because it's such a personal tune, but in the end, Dub Phizix released it to have it be heard. It's one of his strongest tunes imo. It just thumps so hard.

I always try to keep roller sections in a mix so pick up the pace then drop it back down. My favorite dj is Loxy and he's become a master at it.

I've been busy at work but I have Bex, Agent Smith and Refine mixes up next. Feedback will be coming.

I've also bought about 50 tunes over the last 2 weeks but haven't had a chance to play them. My next mix is going to be juke and hip hop influenced. I'd like to do a dnb version of a DJ Rashad tribute mix to show how his influence has benefitted drum and bass.

Back
Top Bottom