I can't get it right

d'Art Fader

Hi there,

I think I found the right thread.
Here is a quick recording of some of my idea's.
But I just can't get the most essential part right,
that famous drum and bass beat.

I use a drummodule to create/record my drumsounds, a Roland Td6v module. Or some other keyboard I own, I have a few...

Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks.

Here is a track, with a little crack due to my mixtable, which is to be ignored for now.

This is brilliant... i wouldnt consider it drum and bass personally, love the live sounding samples... to me it sounds more down tempo which is totally my thing like some old hospital records out patients stuff. why does you need to make it drum and bass sounds great as it is? although i think a heavier kick and snare with some more jungly sounds would compliment the track but id save that for a rework mabye. great stuff following

I like it because its different... using the hardware gives it an analogue sound that i very much like aswell. November ace is a little different too muddy analogue is good but this needs work lol. some eq and thought about the low end frequencys that are clashing would tidy that one up for a start.

The sinned I used is a korg MS2000br, the drumsound comes straight out of a Roland Td6v-module and the bass is a simple one from an oldtimer-keyboard. I used my oc8e compressor to smoothen it a bit and did a little hard limiting that comes along with Audacity, my recorder program. For a mixer I use a samson MDR16 which isn't that great anymore. But I do like to overall sound.

I tried fl studio, but somehow all those tracks sound like made with fl studio. I do like the workflow of fl studio though. And even it is simple to chop up beats with that DAW, I rather program them my own, so I have more control.
When I master the game of programming, I think I switch to chopping, but want to learn the ropes, so stick with programming for a while.

I made two mixes with fl studio that I really like.

check them out!!

mix 1

mix 2

I think you are on to something. This is smooth jazz dnb and I like it. The rides need some work to sound less mechanical and you could add some more variation to your track to make it more dynamic, but keep going the direction your going in because this is awesome.

yeah.. the cymbals.. too loud and .. just could use more dynamics ..and.. just imagine what a real drummer would do.. otherwise.. great track.

Back
Top Bottom