I can't finish anything!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by subprime, May 26, 2014.

1. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Haven't finished a tune in ages, been working a lot and other stuff like life, so I thought I'd just put together a mashup of different wips and see if I can get inspired to finish any of them. Any feedback on which ones you think have potential would be cool!

I know it's long as, but anyway.

Cheers,
    Dan

2. Yukon

Yukon Yukon

Every time stamp I mention is something I'd listen to very loud.
    0:00 - 0:43, 0:44 - 1:18, everything from 3:00 - 5:00, 5:42 - 6:03, annnd 6:04 - 6:25 is PHAT as FUCK

Love how dirty your stuff sounds man. I'm fricken jealous.

subprime likes this.
  3. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Some good stuff in there mate, the first tune in particular stood out to me :slayer:

subprime likes this.
  4. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Try to switch daw, try new plugins, move to somewhere else to work on your music, and your inspiration will come again! Just don't stick too long with the thought you can't finish anything! That's not good. If it doesn't work out directly, just start another project, maybe you'll find some new sounds in there that you can use in the previous one.

Just don't work with the goal to finish stuff most of the time that doesn't work out :)

And the 2nd tune (commented on it on sc) is fucking goooooooood!

subprime likes this.
  5. Solace

Solace Active Member

SOme big sounds right there! I personally like the second and third the most
    The third one needs some work, but it could turn out awesome

I like the acoustic feel your drums have sometimes..

And for inpiriration, or to finish stuff, just take a break
    try something else (production wise, or really, something else, take a break from production)
    or, indeed, get some new plugins, those give a boost sometimes

subprime likes this.
  6. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Liking these... a little hard foir my tastes but good ideas, I really only wanted too comment regarding your writers block issue... i overcome it by stringing all my tracks together into an hour mix in the same project lol... seriously this helps me loads it still leaves me with stuff thats very much unfinished but i go back and listen to the mix and pick out the tracks i feel have potential and then i get busy working on that particular track until i get bored... so ill pick another one or do a new mix. this approach has given me hours of stuff that i can call my own and always keeps me learning and not procrastinating because im stuck on one thing. If your PC can handle it suggest you give it a try... defo works for me.

subprime likes this.