i been out. to a techno.

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Jun 24, 2013.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

ok so i was at a rave this weekend. youd simply have to call it that,
    few things are so decidedly ravey as three day outdoor in gods green nature
    techno festivals with neon laser totem effigies, called solstice naturally,
    with aliens coming out of their squares with no straight angles in its blazing chemical luminance,
    and rain. rain, rain, rain, cold rain, less rain, but stil cold rain, then more rain, and fog,
    and cold, and mud, mud, mud, and what the fuck dude. im almost 78 years old, where the fk did i get
    off thinking this would be a good idea come from. actually, and in all fairness,
    of course it sounds like a good idea right?
    camping with all your mates, loud banging techno 24/7, binge drinking and a shit load of drugs,
    not to mention all the like minded beautiful people. hows that not a good idea!
    you see, yes, all this and more was there. but reality is usually little different than that.

i arrived early on saturday, with an arsenal of booze
    and other naughty sorts that i realize now in hindsight was a bit of a mistake. yes.
    you know, you could actually say that for it. you could call it a mistake. shouldve known id
    blackout from pills, specially since i didnt sleep the night before, and all that drink, ffs.

i have no idea who was playing. i identified an alice-d from a schedule on my way in, but thoguht it said "alice dj",
    and she was dutch, so i scoffed to myself, thinking these idiots actually had alice dj playing pop music
    from the 90s in some tent, but wasnt too worried, as we were closing in on the party and the bass was getting louder
    with every step closer, i love that feeling of walking up to the forrest rave and you know youre on the right way,
    cos the music is getting louder, starting with that monster bass. by then it started to rain, but it wasnt long before
    the acceptance of death was complete and we took our coats off. like people who freeze to death in the alps,
    theyre quite often found naked.

the setting, as in where the whole thing took place, is a part of amsterdam thats been squatted, thats right, a whole part of town, they have
    annexed, taken over, imposed their own martial law (which, in a nutshell, is no laws,
    do what thy will shall be the whole of the law, only dont come and try and be one of us you fucking yuppie
    and respect whatever maniac illogical bullshit weve written on some weird old plank. seriously, most of their
    signs are so illogical it could be a medical study of some sort, like the one that says something about not being too loud and respecting people
    and its right next to an enormous blasting insanely loud techno), for the rest its an industrial office part with a port,
    starbucks main office and factory is there, for example.

so amongst other things, i was passed out in the tent for a while that night, and spent the rest of my time there
    in various stages of combativeness, drowsiness, murderous rage, paranoia, frenzy, confusion,
    stupidity, vision ranging from impenetrable blur to razor sharp, head spinning either left or right,
    all the while with a bottle of dutch gin in my hand, swigging, so as to balance the whole thing out.
    alcohol does that for me, everyone was on a bit of everything, a lot of acid and bath salts,
    my crew had the good yay but we had to sort that before getting there,
    as squatters dont deal in things that cost money.

its a world famous festival apparently, people come from all over to party out, i dont think the djs matter so much
    as the fact that you can rave in a church and everything is allowed. the last bit being the main attraction im sure.
    i think if you go, you should stay the full three days, pepople have to get a whole bunch of shit out of their system
    the first night, i think the second day is when you really want to be there, as people will be nice and loose by then.
    i met a guy an old girlfriend of mine ran off with. he was working in a pipe selling stall there.
    hey you, i said. he said hey and introduced himself with a handshake, he didnt even know who i was.
    pretty obvious if you think about it, complete and utter waster.
    talked to a girl in my tent for an hour who was really angry with me for talking to her.
    but why was she in my tent in that case you have to wonder. oh wait maybe it was her tent?

all in all, evidently it was a good time, but i think ive either lost it and getting too old for that shit,
    or i have to commit deeper and do the whole nine instead of touristing it and thinking thatll suffice.
    and i dont remember a fucking thing neither. only flashes, which ive scribbled down here.
    i think i had a shocker actually. not sure, ill have to see what the lads say.

Borf™, SIRUS, $marty and 9 others like this.
  2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

thats some essay.

im not going to read it. but you get a B-

Elzerk and Forau like this.
  3. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

In b4 didn't read LOL

4. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

read it all...it was glorious

TL;DR - Karl got fucked up, it was in tents.

Mr G likes this.
  5. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

best part imo.

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

7. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

haha sounds like a good ole bit of techno, random tents, squatters and party ingredients

8. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

yay fest season is here, nah i cannot go to any :(

9. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

found your mp3 player dude, got it here for ya

10. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

so basicaly korl was in a tent off his fucking face in his back garden listening to a techno on his empeefree imagining the whole ting whilst playing tonsel hockey with his Labrador... who obviously isn't a faggle and was like *bark* nono *bark*

EWOKS likes this.
  11. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Score!

Reminds me of a festival I went to. Far too messy, everything had stopped and I wandered into the wounded gurner tent, with the helpers. Sat down, had to leave after 10 minutes, everyone was pointing and talking about me, "what is he doing?". 10 mins I thought balls to this, these people are supposed to help not make me worse, stood up and realised I had been sat on some poor bloke who had a bit of a worse night than me! My mates found me just about to get my head smashed in by some animal of a guy whose bird I was telling that although someone had killed her daughter, it clearly wasnt me. Good timing, Id have got wiped out by this guy!

Raves are fun!

12. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

well, it was a fun rave. stayed through the whole thing, and let me tell you 3 days of nonstop psytrance is enough to equip you for the whole year basically. mental rest is extremely needed at this point though.

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

3 days of it? fuck me....you trooper

I got bored of it after about 10 minutes, (at least i think it was ten minutes, i was on a combination of LSD and Ketamine and fucking sweeeet lasers, and was somewhat 'lost in the music' despite how awful it is) back to the dnb room i went.

14. Gumby

Gumby New Member

its all about the hot hippie birds at a psytrance rave. why else would anyone go?!

Harry3 likes this.
  15. Catsel

mm yea. wiv their headbands and homosexual war paint :bone:

look at this girl. she loves ganja xx

[​IMG]

16. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

you write book.
    me read book
    puffin publish book
    profit

logikz and Shatner's Bosom like this.
  17. Gumby

Gumby New Member

the book is already written. its a hide and seek book, each of the pages of the book are hidden throughout a dnbforum and you have to find them.

18. Catsel

one of them books that give you choices of what to do...

do you A go to page 256 of the thread and lerl in despair
    or do you B to go general section for cry wank over new dj sy

Borf™, EWOKS and Gumby like this.
  19. Gumby

Gumby New Member

pretty sure there's despair in every one of karl's posts lol

Borf™ and EWOKS like this.
  20. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i think there was a thread collating some of his greatest posts. we need to find it and add this tale of wonder to it.