I am the only one who thinks all this 'minimal dnb' is just boring?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So all this minimalist dnb seems to be getting popular these days.....but personally i havent heard a single minimal tune that i like, it all sounds just so boring to me. I keep checking for it and by time the weak ass drop comes in, im already yawning.

Anyone else?

So all this minimalist dnb seems to be getting popular these days.....but personally i havent heard a single minimal tune that i like, it all sounds just so boring to me. I keep checking for it and by time the weak ass drop comes in, im already yawning.

Anyone else?

Abstract Elements. Abysmal Depth. You lose.

I dont like it at a rave. But in the car on a fatty Sub or on decent headphones its ok. But then again its probably one of my least fav sub genres of DnB

I'd say most of Exit Records releases are really minimal. dBridge's sets have been pretty boring recently come to think of it.

i don't like the term minimal to be honest
depends do u mean things like
or
both could be classed as minimal but both very different

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO minimal stuff is BIG, I agree that most of it probably wouldn't be the first choice by most to be played at a rave, but I fucking love this shit.

It's about more then a fat ass drop, if minimal producers wanted a fat drop they'd be producing neuro or jump-up, minimal is all about the mood and the proper placement of elements. It's really sit back and relax type stuff, not stuff to rage to. Especially the deep stuff like what TerrA_ posted up, drive around late at night with that playin' on your car stereo and I think you'll see what I mean.

I can see where you are coming from, but it takes a lot of effort to make something like that.

I picked up that Exit Records Mosaic album a while back, it's the kinda thing I'd have playing in the background whilst I'm sat at home rather than get up and rave to, of course.

Big_Bird.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

460916237_5ba69d517c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom