I am the only one who thinks all this 'minimal dnb' is just boring?

So all this minimalist dnb seems to be getting popular these days.....but personally i havent heard a single minimal tune that i like, it all sounds just so boring to me. I keep checking for it and by time the weak ass drop comes in, im already yawning.

Anyone else?

Your boring..

True Lucid! Nuff soundbwoy dead when manz start reaching for their Rockwell dubplates. He's like Buju used to be back in the day.

girl_with_a_megaphone_by_denyba-d3h2s71.jpg

Some of the stuff d-bridge is playing atm is a bit too minimal for my taste, especially when you hear it in live sets. Apart from that it's all good with me, minimal is a pretty wide sub-genre tbf

Very in depth sub-genre of DNB.

Personally like it, heard some great minimal sets in the past at clubs, and sometimes bag the odd bit on vinyl too. Yes some of it can be repetitive, but the same goes for liquid, jump up & some of the dark stuff too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Shards is my favourite rockwell track I reckon. Easily the best tune on last of a dying breed imo.

also

is fucking amazing. deal with it, it is fucking quality

I love minimal to bits, theres some epic tracks in there, but it can get boring. Just like any sub-genre tbh.

I find most tracks are around 170/172, lack quite a lot of midrange and are fairly repetetive for the most part. Thats not a bad thing, just an observation.

The great thing about this though is its DJ friendly-ness. Spinning 3 decks of minimal is proper fun because of the midrange space. You can layer it all up to be more than the sum of its parts without it getting too messy. Keep the highs and mids fairly sharp on most tracks and the shuffle you can make amps up the energy proper.

Most of the producers I go see spin don't do this. They let a song ride out on its tod then blend in the next intro. Boring.

Mash it up a bit and it'll blow your mind ;)

Yeah Shards is my favourite rockwell track I reckon. Easily the best tune on last of a dying breed imo.

also

is fucking amazing. deal with it, it is fucking quality

BEAUTIFUL TUNE!!. i dont know why u guys have swooped to his level tbh... i didnt even bother

Have you been listening to these sets on logitec speakers mate?

The minimal stuff tends to have a lot more sub than jump up or whatever as when you have less going on when making a track you can normally create a louder mix

Back
Top Bottom