I Am a Practicing Drum & Bass DJ

Chris Mi

Hello! I hope you’re all doing well! I am a practicing drum & bass DJ in the USA. I’ve been looking for music forums to join over the past couple of years, and I hope this is a good fit!

I started DJing in 2005 with vinyl, then moved to Serato plates around 2007 or 2008. I was using Numark TTXs in those days, which I recently replaced with a pair of used Technics 1200 M3Ds that I was lucky enough to find on craigslist.

I enjoyed listening to drum and bass, both at home and at venues, around the mid-2000s. However, I thought the idea of mixing drum & bass was daunting, so I rarely even bought drum & bass records or tracks online.

In 2020, I started buying drum & bass records (vinyl) and have kept a pretty regular practice ethic mixing drum & bass at home. I do not use any digital vinyl, controllers, CDJs or a laptop yet. I have really been trying to start from the beginning with DJing and drum & bass is my focus. I enjoy Calibre, High Contrast, Goldie, John B, and LTJ Bukem just to name a few. I am not much aware of USA drum & bass producers and DJs yet.

I was drawn to this forum through a search engine inquiry with information on Random Movement’s forthcoming “Patty Melt” track, which I heard on a V Recordings podcast.

Take care everyone! I’m sure I will have questions about future and past drum & bass releases, and hopefully gathering new ideas via dnbforum on how to improve my mixing!

Welcome mate.

If you have any recorded mixes you've done, please feel free to share them in the members mixes section.

Welcome mate.

If you have any recorded mixes you've done, please feel free to share them in the members mixes section.
Thank you! I recently learned of the Evermix device/app, that allows recording without a computer. I will likely explore that more in the coming weeks and months.

Back
Top Bottom