I am a Japanese school teacher

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Indi, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

One of my work collegues just emailed this link to me, basically it's a blog of a foreign teacher in Japan.
    This is hilarious, and with me being a foreign teacher too, I can relate to most of the stuff he writes about.
    My kids play Kancho, and the "Kancho Sense" is very real. I also have to suffer the male appendage comments a lot, its very common to be taking a piss and having a chinese guy proper staring at your penis, then watching him go to tell his friends 'it was this big' complete with hand gestures. Other stuff, like foreigner superpowers, is very real.

Very funny read (y)

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

thats mental indi, you a teacher in a chinese school?!! fucking rock and roll man!! my uncle lived in nanjing for a long time before moving to beijing, i visited him and all. mad mad place, take a bus 15 minutes out of town and youre back in the medieval ages. and the cloisone (that how you spell it? you know that ceramic shit with gold and dragons on it?) factory, big as a whole univeristy complex, 4 rooms in use haha.

4. Indi

Logikz man, that's pretty dope. I think I know the factory where you mean, northwest of the city centre, near Yujianglou and the Heroes bridge.
    Yeah I'm a teacher and it is fucking rock and roll.
    25 classes a week, 45 - 55 kids per class, classes are an hour long, and the school starts and finishes at 7.00am - 5.00pm, quite an action packed week.
    Thank god for weekends.:D

5. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

And you still have time to play dnb and do threesome's...

Lucky man.

6. logikz

so you speak chinese fluently?? how on earth did you manage that??

7. Indi

@logikz - I can't speak chinese fluently, but my chinese isn't bad. I can do most requests/question and can hold a basic conversation but my grammar and pronunciation sucks. I can write a little chinese too, but a very small amount compared with my speaking abilities.
    As for teaching, I do communicative teaching, all my classes are in english. If there is something that the kids don't understand or they're not familiar with, I can use some chinese to help clarify, but I'm really against it, I would rather the kids dig into their own knowledge of english as they will benifit more from it. As it is, my kids' age is 13 - 15 yo, and the majority of them are very good, but there's always kids who are good at english, kids who are not so good and kids who are good but can't be arsed, and its a question of working out who really needs me to translate for them.

@dustek - you know this man :teeth:
    But seriously, I'm really busy all the time, I have very little time to relax. But you have to work hard to play hard so I'm not too bothered

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  8. Indi

Some of the kids in one of my current classes, for those who are curious

Attached Files:

9. logikz

i been thinking man, its like, ive moved around in the world abit but i feel at some point im going to have to move really freaking far away, like ghana or cuba or japan or new york or some shit. thats a kick ass thing you did to move to china. lots of asians girls in china ive been told. drool.

10. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

About 500 million. I'm sure there would be one or two interested in you.

Me, I want to hit Japan one day.